• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Bruce Lee, the routine.

1279705075_bruce-lee-nunchucks.gif

Bruce had speed and power

Marketing power doesn't count.

There is a reason violent sports are broken up by weight division.

Kung foo is not a fighting or strength discipline, it's nothing more then a stylised dance for people brainwashed by shitty fantasies about 1 inch punches and flailing forearms.

He had plenty of power, people forget his history he was a street fighter before he became famous, testing his skill, speed and power in real life combat situations, unlike many fighters today who are show ponies.

He used his tactics to generate power, like only clench the fist just before impact, works well.
but he was not powerful, just fast and talented.

Some of you bastards have narrow vision, size doesn't always equate to power.

You will never see a bantamweight who hits as hard as a heavy weight (power) equally you will never see a heavyweight who can move as fast as a bantamweight of equal
skill (speed).

This is fact and cannot be disputed, obviously it applies to people of a similar skill level. This is why all 'real' combat sports are broken up by weight divisions.

Appreciate kungfoo for what it is, an amusing sideshow.

if you really want a laugh whatch street fights on YouTube with kungfoo fighters deploy their ridiculous techniques and get pasted, only ever seen one where a guy flukes a ko, I'll see if I can find it and post it in here.

He had plenty of power, people forget his history he was a street fighter before he became famous, testing his skill, speed and power in real life combat situations, unlike many fighters today who are show ponies.

Lol please explain to me how the explosion of mma, massive purses in boxing, massive purses in Muay Thai in Japan and Europe have made many of today's fighters 'show ponies'.

In actual competition fighting apart from the odd lucky punch skill beats power.

Street fighting is usually a scrap and dirty techniques come into their own.

You will never see a bantamweight who hits as hard as a heavy weight (power) equally you will never see a heavyweight who can move as fast as a bantamweight of equal
skill (speed).

This is fact and cannot be disputed, obviously it applies to people of a similar skill level. This is why all 'real' combat sports are broken up by weight divisions.

Appreciate kungfoo for what it is, an amusing sideshow.

if you really want a laugh whatch street fights on YouTube with kungfoo fighters deploy their ridiculous techniques and get pasted, only ever seen one where a guy flukes a ko, I'll see if I can find it and post it in here.

On most sports you are right about the categories of weight

However have any of you watched UFC 1 the first and few cards after that it was open comp

Hoyce Gracie destroyed all his competition yet only being half the size and almost half their weight!

Prime example of skill beating strength

On most sports you are right about the categories of weight

However have any of you watched UFC 1 the first and few cards after that it was open comp

Hoyce Gracie destroyed all his competition yet only being half the size and almost half their weight!

Prime example of skill beating strength

Point taken, when UFC first started it was more about the best combat discipline, till hybrid mma evolved and you started getting grapplers who could standup fight as well.

i always preferred pride gp in the early days cause the fighters were well matched, UFC delighted in mismatches cause it kept the punters interested.

I remember bet when tank Abbott was my favourite fighter lol.

Sakuraba was was a good example of the rare fighter where their skill can make up for size and power, the guy was a freak

How do you measure power? You're all talking shite...
all things being equal, a skilled fighter will more often than not beat the living shit out of a stronger, less skilled bastard.

i know little about Lee, but the point I liked to make to you dip shits, was he used a handful of exercises, full body, worked out three times a week, on top of his training and added considerable muscle in a short space of time.

incidently, Lees forearms were huge, I think he had exhibited great strength and could pack a punch, none of which you could measure by watching the movies.

How do you measure power? You're all talking shite...
all things being equal, a skilled fighter will more often than not beat the living shit out of a stronger, less skilled bastard.

i know little about Lee, but the point I liked to make to you dip shits, was he used a handful of exercises, full body, worked out three times a week, on top of his training and added considerable muscle in a short space of time.

incidently, Lees forearms were huge, I think he had exhibited great strength and could pack a punch, none of which you could measure by watching the movies.

I think you are full of shite!

How can you say he was a skilled fighter, in what way did he prove his skill?

I think you are full of shite!

How can you say he was a skilled fighter, in what way did he prove his skill?

I am full of shite most of the time.

i cannot say how skilled he was, never said anything about his fuckin skill level, he got his break into Hollywood as kato in the tv series green hornet.
Became a movie star, and his life fell apart and killed himself.

Never sat through one of his movies, I couldn't stand them he sounded like a cat singing on a fence.

What he did have was a good work ethic, he worked out hard and trained the same way.