• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Bro Science

My bad, was very tired last night.

I suppose medicine/allopathic or alternative all has a basis of faith.

For instance what people learn doing MBBS, BmedS, BHs all requires a degree of 'faith'.

I suppose everything in this world does, we take peoples words as facts, i have never cut into a human chest nor have i ever seen it happen. But i have faith others have and we have 2 lungs a heart liver kidneys and the rest of it.

Much like that faith we have faith that what we are being taught is the truth and has been evaulated tried and tested. We dont know if it has... We look at studies journals and see advances and have faith that they are being done correctly and that the model we are learning is correct. But what if it wasnt? Alot of studies have been boddged before...

Anyway you believe what you are learning is fact. For eample my partner wants to become a teacher, she started a bachelor of theology at ACU. Now, she is studying religion at a catholic uni. Is the teachings there going to be skewed towards vatican belief? Of course.. Same can be said for any modality in the health medical profession. What does this have to do about anything? Well, go trhough medical school learning pharmacoogy and medicine to a disease and suddenly everything else seems irrelivent or it would be being done. Go through nutritional degree and wonder why this isnt implemented first. Study homeoptahy teachings and wonder why the miricle cure isnt being preached.

I suppose nutrition has more standing because it is actually a science, where homeopathy requires all faith and maybe some real world results.

Wonder then why things arnt investigated or put through proper studies to determin the mode of aciton and how to implement them. Well who is going to do this? Most of the time studies are done and funded by institutes or pharmcutical companies. The main reason being to study substances to develop pharmacutical alternatives for. Is this bad? Not all the time.. But it does mean that alot of things that should make progress dont because, they have no $$ value at the end of the day.

I suppose this is about as "conspiracy theory" as it gets and if anyone cant see into that then they are deluded. Why would a company invest money into a study to put the out of business. Is pfizer going to invest money on L-tryptophan metabolism and the leaky gut/ cytokines hypothesis of depression? Well maybe if they can find a mode of aciton and develop a drug to fix the tight junctions. But other natural substances have been demonstrated to do that already. So there gos the $$$ so it simply wont happen.

Should i give homeopathy a second chance? Maybe so... After sitting here and thinking about what i just wrote i too displayed the same arrogance that i despise. Throughout the course of human history this has been our downfall, we believe that we know all there is too know and are so much superior to all who have come before us. However we are just the same, pissing in the wind not knowing mucn more. Now im ranting again.

I am at college now...

Would you like a P.C.M.P celloid? It warms the liver up through working at a cellular level and administrating the nature of care principle and the do no harm principle... As without these principles you better off take drugs as they are the same!

I am at college now...

Would you like a P.C.M.P celloid? It warms the liver up through working at a cellular level and administrating the nature of care principle and the do no harm principle... As without these principles you better off take drugs as they are the same!

It works on a cellular level... Daniel.

Celloids cure cancer, didnt you know?

My bad, was very tired last night.

I suppose medicine/allopathic or alternative all has a basis of faith.

For instance what people learn doing MBBS, BmedS, BHs all requires a degree of 'faith'.

I suppose everything in this world does, we take peoples words as facts, i have never cut into a human chest nor have i ever seen it happen. But i have faith others have and we have 2 lungs a heart liver kidneys and the rest of it.

Much like that faith we have faith that what we are being taught is the truth and has been evaulated tried and tested. We dont know if it has... We look at studies journals and see advances and have faith that they are being done correctly and that the model we are learning is correct. But what if it wasnt? Alot of studies have been boddged before...

Anyway you believe what you are learning is fact. For eample my partner wants to become a teacher, she started a bachelor of theology at ACU. Now, she is studying religion at a catholic uni. Is the teachings there going to be skewed towards vatican belief? Of course.. Same can be said for any modality in the health medical profession. What does this have to do about anything? Well, go trhough medical school learning pharmacoogy and medicine to a disease and suddenly everything else seems irrelivent or it would be being done. Go through nutritional degree and wonder why this isnt implemented first. Study homeoptahy teachings and wonder why the miricle cure isnt being preached.

I suppose nutrition has more standing because it is actually a science, where homeopathy requires all faith and maybe some real world results.

Wonder then why things arnt investigated or put through proper studies to determin the mode of aciton and how to implement them. Well who is going to do this? Most of the time studies are done and funded by institutes or pharmcutical companies. The main reason being to study substances to develop pharmacutical alternatives for. Is this bad? Not all the time.. But it does mean that alot of things that should make progress dont because, they have no $$ value at the end of the day.

I suppose this is about as "conspiracy theory" as it gets and if anyone cant see into that then they are deluded. Why would a company invest money into a study to put the out of business. Is pfizer going to invest money on L-tryptophan metabolism and the leaky gut/ cytokines hypothesis of depression? Well maybe if they can find a mode of aciton and develop a drug to fix the tight junctions. But other natural substances have been demonstrated to do that already. So there gos the $$$ so it simply wont happen.

Should i give homeopathy a second chance? Maybe so... After sitting here and thinking about what i just wrote i too displayed the same arrogance that i despise. Throughout the course of human history this has been our downfall, we believe that we know all there is too know and are so much superior to all who have come before us. However we are just the same, pissing in the wind not knowing mucn more. Now im ranting again.

youre getting confused with your definition of faith. faith and reason are opposites. there is no faith involved in science because science is the application of reason. you dont have faith that others have cut into a human chest, you have extensive evidence of it and in fact to believe otherwise would be an act of faith because it would be irrational. it is reasonable to take the things you are told at medical school as prima facie correct because of the trust and respect held by medical schools and the medical industry.

there is a big difference between pharmaceutical companies protecting their own interests and the entire pharmaceutical industry colluding to control governments, hospitals, universities, scientists etc.

incidentally, Bazza are you part of Big Farming? :p

Sorry for the short responses, on my phone. I had 7 recurring strep infections, it bacame meth R, so resistant to penicillin, the doctor had no answer or treatment, 4 years later, no infections. Real world results speak for themselves.

It works on a cellular level... Daniel.

Celloids cure cancer, didnt you know?

This will be another imagine story;

Just imagine you made an appointment with a homeopath and they fixed all your issues, from hormones to gut to sleep to EVERYTHING...

What shall you do...

Sorry for the short responses, on my phone. I had 7 recurring strep infections, it bacame meth R, so resistant to penicillin, the doctor had no answer or treatment, 4 years later, no infections. Real world results speak for themselves.

sample size of 1, thatll do! plus correlation = causation doesnt it?

youre getting confused with your definition of faith. faith and reason are opposites. there is no faith involved in science because science is the application of reason. you dont have faith that others have cut into a human chest, you have extensive evidence of it and in fact to believe otherwise would be an act of faith because it would be irrational. it is reasonable to take the things you are told at medical school as prima facie correct because of the trust and respect held by medical schools and the medical industry.

there is a big difference between pharmaceutical companies protecting their own interests and the entire pharmaceutical industry colluding to control governments, hospitals, universities, scientists etc.

incidentally, Bazza are you part of Big Farming? :p

Its still faith on my behalf. Until i have done it myself i am taking someone elses word for it. If you have not done it yourself.

All of life revolves around faith.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9V85OykSDT8]YouTube - The God Debate: Hitchens vs. D'Souza[/ame]

On a slightly seperate note this was an interesting watch.

This will be another imagine story;

Just imagine you made an appointment with a homeopath and they fixed all your issues, from hormones to gut to sleep to EVERYTHING...

What shall you do...

Well then i would really be fucked....

My search for knowledge has even made me question my beliefs if god even exists and i am still up in the air about that. The more you dig the more confused you become.

I honestly dont know what to believe anymore... Is it any wonder why we just simply treat symptoms? Things are that complicated that the only people who have the time to look and focus on the big picture is the patient themselves.

i prefer the division of labour method. thats where other people who are quite good at trying things to see if they work (lets call them "scientists") do all the "trying" and then sell the stuff that works to me. the scientists, who love trying things, get paid to try things and i pay them less than it would cost me to try everything myself. its a win-win situation.

All I'm saying is, try things, before you blatantly disregard them.

So if you have a cold and someone says cut your arm off and your cold will go away. With your logic you cannot disregard this as bad advise unless you cut your arm off and see.

i prefer the division of labour method. thats where other people who are quite good at trying things to see if they work (lets call them "scientists") do all the "trying" and then sell the stuff that works to me. the scientists, who love trying things, get paid to try things and i pay them less than it would cost me to try everything myself. its a win-win situation.

Thats probably the dumbest thing i have ever heard anyone say.

Why dont u go pay a personal trainer to give you there knowledge and training advice. Dont question it! Simply follow blindly...

Or if u want to know what happens after we die simply go speak to a priest that is their field they are experts!

I am astounded that you think this way? It is hilarious you can disregard everything base don other peoples knowledge, you havnt even looked into the topics yourself. You simply think if you havnt been spoon fed it it doesnt exist or cant exist?

my my

lol

So if you have a cold and someone says cut your arm off and your cold will go away. With your logic you cannot disregard this as bad advise unless you cut your arm off and see.

Thats all you have? :rolleyes:

I expected the school yard teacher talk of "sheep and juping off a bridge would you do it"

Blindness to other's ideas and an inability to concede that your own may not be entirely correct is a trait i've found shared by 99% of the population, hence why there's now 14 pages of this guff.

Sorry to hijack a perfectly good argument.

Thats all you have? :rolleyes:

I expected the school yard teacher talk of "sheep and juping off a bridge would you do it"

Well I had to make it simple. It doesn't make a difference.

Homeopathy has no scientific reason why it would ever work. It has been proven over and over again that it does not work. So why should I have to try it too see if it works.

The same way they tested the swine flu vaccine lol! They used Europe as guinea pigs.

Have faith in your government and scientists and you shall live a long, healthy life!

Well I had to make it simple. It doesn't make a difference.

Homeopathy has no scientific reason why it would ever work. It has been proven over and over again that it does not work. So why should I have to try it too see if it works.

Because, life isnt that simple... It is very fucking complex.

The mode of action might not be what is described but had he not had it would he of gotten better?

If not (and we iwll never know) then perhaps another mode of action is at play. Belief in itself, has been proven to have incredible effects on the body. Perhaps the thought of this is working enabled the mind to control the body.

After all the mind controls all... Though medicine would disagree.

However Its what makes me wonder why we have counsellors and phsycologits still if it is all simply biochemistry emotons and feelings are just electrical pulses and hormones,neurotransmitters working at synapses. Perhaps it is more then we know or believe to think we know?

Thats probably the dumbest thing i have ever heard anyone say.

Why dont u go pay a personal trainer to give you there knowledge and training advice. Dont question it! Simply follow blindly...

Or if u want to know what happens after we die simply go speak to a priest that is their field they are experts!

I am astounded that you think this way? It is hilarious you can disregard everything base don other peoples knowledge, you havnt even looked into the topics yourself. You simply think if you havnt been spoon fed it it doesnt exist or cant exist?

my my

lol

wow you drew an impressive number of conclusions from my short post. the point of the post was a very simple one. i dont have the time or the money to test every single type of treatment that becomes available. its that simple.

i didnt disregard "everything" based on others knowledge, i disregarded certain very specific things based on my own knowledge. there are degrees of knowledge between "following blindly" and making it your lifes work and the law of diminishing returns applies. you dont need to be a doctor to know the mora machine is bullshit. im not even sure what i supposedly think doesnt exist.