• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Bro Science

wow, this thread is my favourite thread. Subbed...

Gone off topic much?

Anyway my favorite saying by bro science, "if you train over an hour your body will shut down."

Wait so I am confused...

If I take total science I don't need post cycle therapy? I might stick to BSN as the protein targets your arms.

Skinny people should do more cardio to get ripped.
Skinny people who are below 10% body fat are really strong.
Fat people are weak.

Heard people say this lol.

One of my friends said, "why aren't you eating white bread."

The other friend replied, "because it spikes your insulin levels, which makes you fat."

Friend believed him

One of my friends said, "why aren't you eating white bread."

The other friend replied, "because it spikes your insulin levels, which makes you fat."

Friend believed him

If you take things out of context, everything becomes bro science.

wow, this thread is my favourite thread. Subbed...

Gone off topic much?

Actually, all this protein supp talk has brought the thread right on topic. Arguing that one WPI/WPC blend is better than another and backing up a protein powder by saying who uses it. EXACT definition of bro-science.

Eg jacked guy at gym only uses WPI, therefore WPI is best.

Simon in the gym tonight missed a 120kg bench.

I pushed a tub of Total Science Protein closer to him, nailed it next set

True story

(lol, it actually is)

He seems to have missed an important anatomical fact, that the sacrum is part of the spine. He also seems to miss an important mechanical fact, that the whole back is pressed against the seat, and the load goes through all areas of the trunk against the seat - not just the hips, but all the way up to the shoulders. So a large portion of the spine IS under compression, just from anterior/posterior angles rather than from superior/inferior angles.

Anyway, let's see, bro-sciencez...

- Free weights for mass, machines for toning.
- Moderate/heavy weight low reps for mass, light weight high reps for toning.
- Lots of cardio for toning.
- Actually, anything involving "toning" as an aesthetic description.
- You need to pummel your muscles with 8,000 exercises until your muscles become like meat tenderised by the Mythbusters (ie steak tenderised with explosives). Then you need to rest 400 years before training again.
- "I don't need to train legs because I do some running and walk up and down stairs at work."
- During the bench press, your back should be as flat as possible. Any air under any part of your back means you'll break your back. Any arch in your back is super-dangerous.

Bro-story of the day:

- There's a guy at my gym who scoffs at the idea of drinking milk. Instead, he drinks whey protein shakes all day long and takes calcium pills. Hmmmm....

I cannot see any ingredient that warrants the heft price tag. For that matter brands like Horelys, Musashi, Balance and a shit load others do not warrant the hefty price tag either.

I'm not saying TS protein is no good, I'm just saying it is not value for money.

Horleys Crossfire - 3kgs - $114.95
Musashi - 4kgs - $159.95
Balance Matrix 7 - 1.5kg - $84.95
Total Science Sustain Release - 5kgs - $150.00

All WPC/WPI Mixes....Protein per serve comparison? Quality comparison? Filler comparison? Flavour Comparison?

Paaaaaleaaaassssseeeee......

Sidenote. There was a dude doing bicep curls with sunglasses on at training tonight....its 7pm wtf?

^ was he jacked tho? If you're jacked you can get away with anything (almost)... I wanna be jacked. Hurry up and send me that TS protein g-waaaaaaaaayne :cool:

If your buying horleys, maxes or musashi you have money to burn. Go buy a fucking rump and eat some milk.

Gawain, this is what shrek is getting at, he's no comparing your protein to 3kg tubs of overpriced and overhyped protein that increase your curl by 300%. He's comparing it to the guys who sell in bulk like bulk nutrients, protein direct and the host of other site supporters who sell no frills quality bulk protein.

How do you know the quality?

More competing PL take Total Science in Australia than every other brand combined.

CAPO, ProRaw and PA lifters.

Most gym junkies look for deals

Competitors look for results.

This is the STRENGTH section your posting on remember.

And it is the Bro Science thread lol

Look, all jokes aside, I'll be serious now, I'll show you a text I just got.

Markos, do you know if Gawain is going to do a choc orange flavour soon. I go through 5kg a fortnight of this stuff, I need a change.

I hit a PB deadlift last night

Thanks in advance

God