• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

breathing while lifting

T

tempo

i remember getting told breathe when i lift, but can't remember when i was meant to breathe in and breathe out, or for that matter i wasn't told why breathing during lifting was important, can anyone explain when to breath andwhy ?

breathe in when relaxed and when exerting force breath out.

Helps prevent hernia, broken cappliaries that sort of thing. Also if you dont breath you die!

Not breathing while working means you aren't getting enough oxygen, which can cause the muscles to not grow as fast as what they should be.

what about grunting , i hear grunting all the time , does that help or is it just blokes being dickheads

When doing squats, breath in through your mouth at the top, and exhale out your arse at the bottom.
This gives you a little jet of boost to get you back up again.

Eat lots of protein pre-workout too.

I thought I was the only one to do that.
One of the reasons I workout at home!

But seriously, how much is too much protein? I,m taking about 1 gram per kilo of body weight. And I fart all day.

AHAHAHAHAHA i fart heaps with wpi or suppliments , i constantly love when i have a jammed elevator full of ppl.

i think most of the protein mixtures are from milk, banana solids etc so that combinatition can cause you to hammer some heavy farts during the day

When doing squats, breath in through your mouth at the top, and exhale out your arse at the bottom.
This gives you a little jet of boost to get you back up again.

Eat lots of protein pre-workout too.

lmao thanks i'll remember that helpful tip

lmao thanks i'll remember that helpful tip

But don't try to press your farts out too hard all at once, otherwise you might get a bit of follow through or shart action going.
Just time it well, knowing how many reps you will do in the set, and just give a little squirt each rep (air, not liquid).

1gram of protein for each kg is too low. It should be more like 2grams per kg.

Oh and yes breathe in when you are lifting and breathe out when you are releasing. As long as you breathe though, I find sometimes when I'm really pushing it I don't breathe and I start feeling like my face is going to explode. I'm sure it's not a good thing.

Guys dont give advice if you dont know what you're talking about.

When doing any lifts you should flex your abs, then take as big a breath as you can against your abs, and keep that breath through the whole rep. This increases internal pressure and acts as a brace for you spine during things like squats or deadlifts.

I thought I was the only one to do that.
One of the reasons I workout at home!

But seriously, how much is too much protein? I,m taking about 1 gram per kilo of body weight. And I fart all day.

I recommend 4 grams per kilogram minimum for those looking to gain muscle.

My son weighs 68kg and drinks 3-5 litres of milk per day between meals.