• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Brazilian Jui-Jitsu

CaT_SPeW

extra crispy
Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

I just started up a couple of weeks ago and love it. Anyone else on the forum into it?
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:
I used to do it about a yr ago for about 2yrs...

I was more into muay Thai or boxing though...
Posted via Mobile Device

im keen to do some form of kickboxing further down the track but right now im going to concentrate on BJJ.

Noobs, from what im led to believe jui jitsu isnt so effective when people are trading punches but as soon as the fight goes to ground then jiu-jitsu is extremely effective. Im far from an expert on martial arts though so probably better if someone else can chip in here....

It is not useless noobs, it is just ineffective if you are fighting more than one person as you will just cop a boot to the head whilst trying an arm bar on the other guy. One on one it is pretty good though. Wrestling is also good for teaching ground control a lot of BJJ people can get controlled on the ground by a wrestler (teach the wrestler BJJ and they are much complete on the ground).

Majority of attacks that happen are multiple opponents.
Or alcohol fueled violence in crowded areas by retarded drunken alpha males and "sick Kentz".

Trading blow for blow is also just about dominating the other person, pride ego macho ness ect.

In ninjutsu and most other martial arts distance and avoiding ground (unless it's them) is vital, especially in regards to multiple apponents.

Ninjutsu
Krav maga
Judo

Are better options for a defense basis.

But that's after everything I have read and studied on the subject. I did tai Kwon do for a few years, moved to Sydney started jow ga Kung Fu got bored started ninjutsu but it isn't as contact as I would like so I'm looking for Krav Maga near me.
Posted via Mobile Device

krav maga is good for multiple opponents and confined spaces. basically you punch everywhere haha.
in my opinion krav maga is better for police and or military because alot of the movements are used with rifles and handguns.
isnt krav maga orginated from Israel? i think it is anyway.
BJJ is not completely useless, though mostly, you can shoot/tackle your opponent to the floor, then use your BJJ skills.

i was surprised by the cardio required to get through a session, i nearly threw up last time when free training. i havent been that wasted since Markos introduced me to kettlebells at PTC and i was way unfit then compared to now.

Trust you to say that mma boy lol

Some of it is, but i do ninjutsu alot of that is with bokkens and bow's..

It can reprasent real world situaitons i.e broom stick trolly pole walking stick umberella ect.

But like i said majority of situations it is multiple opponents last thing you want to dear is spear some block while 5 of his mates proceed to knock **** out of you. Doesnt matter you broke that first guys shoulder, your dead lol.

I do ninjutsu not bjj, I have a few mates that do bjj and mma.

They learn how to hold me down i learn how to break there neck before they get a chance.

Best marital art:

Elite level middle distance running.

You are fast enough to out sprint 99% of people, and you can run at most peoples top 400m speed for about 2km. No one will catch you then :D

could you explain the process lol? is this one of those "here try and punch me with your left hand" then BAM "see how i did that"" moments haha
seriously though do you have a link to any desent ninjitsu martial?

I wonder how the likes of Foreman, Frazier, Ali and Tyson all in their prime would go against someone like Couture, Lesnar, or Mir?

Interesting question Ben. If you're talking street fight I'd probably back Lesnar against all of them. He'd bum rush them, put em on their ass and smash em with ground n pound.

If for some reason it was a street fight where no one could be taken to the ground, then in his prime Foreman was the biggest puncher of that lot and would likely do the most damage.

Last edited: