• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Bodyweight training.

SWH

Bodyweight exercises are a big part of my workouts, I chin up and pull up 3x a week and do dips twice a week. Previous to working out I could chin up maybe 3 reps and i've gone from that to around 3 sets of 5 since starting, same with pull ups except I could barely do 1. Dips are a little different, I still struggle with dips, I think one of the problems is the actual bars that I use for dips, their really thick and i've had more success doing dips at other gyms since the bars are much thinner and easier to use.

I'm still struggling with my bodyweight, i'd like to improve even more especially with my dips, I'm still struggling to get in 1 good set. Is there any tips or tricks that anybody has used in the past to improve their bodyweight exercises?

Just keep at it. Grease the groove kind of thing could work as well if you workout at home. 3-4 times a day go in there and knock out a set of dips and chinups and thats it.

Yeah i suppose. Don't workout at home but was thinking of making myself a pullup bar sooner or later. Thanks :)

Yeah i suppose. Don't workout at home but was thinking of making myself a pullup bar sooner or later. Thanks :)

I saw some doorway bars at kmart for like $7 ages ago, probably selling their end of line stock. I was gonna buy one just for the simple fact they were so cheap, I already have a chin up bar so I passed. Couldn't be much more than $20...

I saw some doorway bars at kmart for like $7 ages ago, probably selling their end of line stock. I was gonna buy one just for the simple fact they were so cheap, I already have a chin up bar so I passed. Couldn't be much more than $20...

Oh nice . mum would probably go nuts if i put it up in the house though. I'll have a look around cause I always end up finding random things in K-mart and target.

, 15

I was struggeling to do one chin at the start of this year, can now do 5 sets of 5, dips were a killer with may be three at a time, did, 15, 15, 10, 10, 10 today.

How???? Just kept doing them!

Will be starting on push ups soon:)

I went from 5 pullups to 20 by just doing them often. When I built a pullup bar in my backyard (see Avi/log) I went from 14-20 pullups in a couple months.

Dips are the same, just keep pumping out nice controlled reps. When you get to 15 reps, start adding weight.

Thanks guys. Yeah pretty happy with progress so far but feel like i've slumped recently, but yeah i'll keep at it and hopefully see some more progress :)

they are only as strong as your doorway... and the average doorway might not be that strong :D

no kids play equipment in a park anywhere?

they are only as strong as your doorway... and the average doorway might not be that strong :D

no kids play equipment in a park anywhere?

Unfortunately not. Theres a park nearby but we used to try and do pullups there and theres no bars to do it, there all too close to the ground

I don't really need to look around anyway, I am doing bodyweight exercises 3x a week so its not like i'm lacking equipment lol . But yeah I don't really see the use in a doorway bar anyway

Unfortunately not. Theres a park nearby but we used to try and do pullups there and theres no bars to do it, there all too close to the ground

Got any tree branches near you? You can find poles to Pullup on fairly easy if you look around a bit and have some creativity.

Got any tree branches near you? You can find poles to Pullup on fairly easy if you look around a bit and have some creativity.

Plenty of trees nearby. Not sure if any around the house would take the weight though

Any footy or soccer fields nearby? You could try the crossbar on the goalposts.

I dunno why everyones giving me ideas of places to do pullups/chinups ! I have my gym chinup bar and i'm making my own one for outside soon!