• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Bodybuilding versus Powerlifting

100m is a long distance to some...

back to OP... sorta...

would BB be able to generate force in a larger range of directions, compared to a PL, which are optimised for certain movements?

All round athlete imo would be a top level decathlon athlete
They all do strongman type training with 2-3 days strength and conditioning training with an "events" day 1-2x a week (Willoughby)

I have some mates that compete in international ultra marathons that involve running between 50 & 90km per day for 5-8 days at a time. It's an amazing level of fitness and conditioning to be able to run that many KM day after day. I would love to have that level of aerobic conditioning.

I am in complete awe of their capabilities, but I doubt I'd have the motivation to run for such long periods. Then again, these two friends are a father and son team running to raise money to find a cure for diabetes and celiac disease that the younger son/brother suffers from quite severely.