• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

body proportions and hitting squat depth

Put me on ignore then..... Pretty simple mate.

Von posted a stupid reply, and then comparing and elite level PLer to the OP is just silly.

I would never do that, I just think you could be a little better, I know you've got it in you.

I'll let Steve know you think he's going to die then... :rolleyes:

He is not allowed to die until he gives us an 800lb raw squat.

I think it's wonderful that the strongest raw lifter in Australia is also over-40 and he's well past the chip on the shoulder stage. Just getting on with it and with the minimum amount of bullshit.

Sticky is 95kg? at least 6', is called "sticky" for fairly obvious reasons I would imagine and squats what +250kg raw and +270kg in single ply?

I agree that weight gain IS the best thing for a squat... but nowhere near ideal. Spritcha is the best squatter because he is the best squatter- I don't think his weight has anything to do with it. At around 125-130kg he is SMALL for a SHW this would put him in the 275lb class in a non-IPF meet and there are two whole weight classes above him (in non-IPF meets)

Yes, I realise that I am having my cake and eating it with that last comment but deal with it

Yes, I realise that I am having my cake and eating it with that last comment but deal with it
You do make me laugh Oni with your little disclaimers
"I know what I just said completely contradicts everything else I said, deal with it fuckers"
:D

Sometimes things contain logical fallacies but discrediting them because they are a logical fallacy is in itself fallacious.

Yes, I realise that discrediting a fallacious hypothetical argument based on the counter being fallacious in nature is a fallacy- you can just go and fellate yourself

this thread is taking random walks.

486204_623313161029261_24210299_n.png

Sometimes things contain logical fallacies but discrediting them because they are a logical fallacy is in itself fallacious.

Yes, I realise that discrediting a fallacious hypothetical argument based on the counter being fallacious in nature is a fallacy- you can just go and fellate yourself

Hilarious!
At times you're awright you know

Sticky is 95kg? at least 6', is called "sticky" for fairly obvious reasons I would imagine and squats what +250kg raw and +270kg in single ply?

I agree that weight gain IS the best thing for a squat... but nowhere near ideal. Spritcha is the best squatter because he is the best squatter- I don't think his weight has anything to do with it. At around 125-130kg he is SMALL for a SHW this would put him in the 275lb class in a non-IPF meet and there are two whole weight classes above him (in non-IPF meets)

Pritchard is 135kg+. That is not small. He recently squatted 331 without wraps (meaning he would be 360kg with the modern wraps used these days). He is also 42 years old and probably has not hit his best yet. I think he also gets singled out for testing more than most athletes and is demonstrably clean.

Themes that are developing here?
Perseverance
Time
Bodyweight
Clean living
Good attitude

There's a theme here about longevity.

The scoresheet I have in front of me now shows he weighed in at 136.48kg at last weeks meet. I imagine he will be 140+ within a few months and few more bowls of ice cream.

man what a fucking stupid discussion
HE IS STILL LIGHT FOR A SHW
STOP LOOKING AT MY FINGER WHILE IM POINTING AT THE MOON
ITS THE MOON STUPID