• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Bit of help please

That is not too hard to do. Work hard eat well and lots of it and you will grow. Just be consistent and keep progressing. Getting low body fat and keeping it low is harder.

That is not too hard to do. Work hard eat well and lots of it and you will grow. Just be consistent and keep progressing. Getting low body fat and keeping it low is harder.

Anyone help me out with a better diet? Examples would be great.

Anyone help me out with a better diet? Examples would be great.

1. Eggs & oats
2. Chicken, veg potatoe
3. Steak, veg potatoe
4, Chicken, veg, potatoe
5. Steak, veg, potatoe
6. Steak, veg, potatoe

Note: Steak or chicken can be subtituted for fish / tuna.
Throw in a piece or fruit here and there.

No snacks, 6 or 7 evenly divided meals about 2.5 to 3hrs apart.

1. Eggs & oats
2. Chicken, veg potatoe
3. Steak, veg potatoe
4, Chicken, veg, potatoe
5. Steak, veg, potatoe
6. Steak, veg, potatoe

Note: Steak or chicken can be subtituted for fish / tuna.
Throw in a piece or fruit here and there.

No snacks, 6 or 7 evenly divided meals about 2.5 to 3hrs apart.

No worries. What about substituting the poatato with rice or pasta?

Sweet potatoe is best.
Pasta is refines carbs, I would stay away.
Basmati or brown rice is fine

Sweet potatoe is best.
Pasta is refines carbs, I would stay away.
Basmati or brown rice is fine

No worries. What about portion sizes? Would a chicken breast be one meal or would I make 2 out of it? Small cans of salmon and tuna aren't a problem because they are cheap but I don't have heaps to spend on Chicken, Steak etc

180-200gms raw.

Small cans of tuna do not have enough protein, you need at least the 185gm tin, preferably in olive oil.

180-200gms raw.

Small cans of tuna do not have enough protein, you need at least the 185gm tin, preferably in olive oil.

I have no scales, but it looks like I'll have to buy some. Don't really think I have the money to go with that diet but I will add as many meals as possible. Thanks for the help.

Last thing, could I have protein shakes instead of meals, if so what protein powder would you recomend?

If you must due to lack of funds you could have a protein shake with oats as a s substitute.

Check the site sponsor for some good deals on whey protein.

OK. This is the start of my new diet as of Monday

Meal 1
1 cup oats
1 glass milk
0.5 cups blueberries
2 eggs

Meal 2
185g can tuna can in oil
Peice of fruit

Meal 3
1 can tuna or 1 breast or thigh chicken
1 cup pasta or rice
Mixed vegetables

Meal 4 Pre workout
Protein shake
Banana

Meal 5 Post workot
Protein shake

Meal 6
Steak, lamb, fish or chicken
2 Cups vegetables
Potato, Rice or Pasta

Looking a bit better I hope. Not quite what I want but on my way there. Hopefully see some improvement because of this.

Last edited:
Also wondering if the homebrand Tuna in oil from Woolies is the way to go. Its the cheapest and its in Soy bean oil, is that a problem?

Cut out proccessed carbs.
Eat sweet potaTOE, OATS AND VEGIES.
nO BREAD, PASTA, WHITE RICE.

FKN CAPS AGAIN

Cut out proccessed carbs.
Eat sweet potaTOE, OATS AND VEGIES.
nO BREAD, PASTA, WHITE RICE.

FKN CAPS AGAIN

Not a big fan of going without bread, pasta and rice. I need them in my diet if I want energy. Without them I don't think i'll be lifting much at all.

How much will this halt my weight loss by not cutting the rice, pasta and bread?

Not a big fan of going without bread, pasta and rice. I need them in my diet if I want energy. Without them I don't think i'll be lifting much at all.

How much will this halt my weight loss by not cutting the rice, pasta and bread?
Pretty much completely.

Slowly cut it out of your diet so it's not such a big shock. Brown rice is OK, and slowly replace the bread and pasta with lots of veges and salad for each meal. And if your having oats for breakfast and post workout energy shouldn't be a problem, just keep the meals frequent.