• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Bit of help please

Mickdog

My diet

Breakfast
2 eggs
Bluberries with 3 wheatbix

Morning Snack
Orange

Lunch
Pasta/Rice or 4 slices of bread with either Fish or chicken and some vegetables

Afternoon snack
Banana

Dinner
Any kind of meat with Pasta or Potato and vegetables

My workout has been consisting of a range of Isolation and compound but now am taking the advice from here and going with a compond program 3 times a week

Bench
Squat
Bent Over Row
Deadlift
Shoulder Press

I was going to start with a 5x5 for the first month and move to 3x8-10 changing it up ever so often.

Cardio and abs 3 days a week on off days. Run 4km's. Crunches, Leg Raises, Twisting Crunches, Bikes and Planks.

My goal is basically to have the body of a male model. Six pack and large arms, chest etc. I was worried about my diet and was hoping for as much advice as possible.

My problems are. I have a mortgage so I can't spend a great deal on food. I do tend to eat poorly on weekends.

Thanks in advance

Go choose a beginners program from the beginners look here thread and stick to it for a solid 3-4 months with constant progression every session.

Cardio and abs 3 days a week on off days. Run 4km's. Crunches, Leg Raises, Twisting Crunches, Bikes and Planks.

This stuff is crap unless you need to run distance or are part of Aerobics Ozstyle.

If you want cardio work go sprint, drag a sled, flip tyres, do barbell complexes. 15-20 minutes 1-3 times a week.

If you want abs train heavy with squats and deadlifts, add some activation warmup work (just for future physical health) and at best add in a hard ab workout like straight legged lowering and moving towards barbell rollouts.

Last edited:
If you want abs and you really feel the need to work them, hanging leg raises are great I've found. But they should be a sidenote.

My diet

Breakfast
2 eggs
Bluberries with Oats and Protein shake or add more eggs

Morning Snack
Orange and Tuna 185 gms

Lunch
Fish or chicken and some vegetables

Afternoon snack
Nuts, Walnuts, Almonds

Dinner
Any kind of meat vegetables/ salad or other minimally processed carb

There's ur new diet. Thank me later. :)

Mick, your diet is dreadful mate, you'll make zero progress on that unfortunately, no matter what program you follow

Mick, your diet is dreadful mate, you'll make zero progress on that unfortunately, no matter what program you follow

Any help would be nice if possible. Should I add a fair bit or not. I do like the diet that J3TR33 thinks I should use.

Go choose a beginners program from the beginners look here thread and stick to it for a solid 3-4 months with constant progression every session.

This stuff is crap unless you need to run distance or are part of Aerobics Ozstyle.

If you want cardio work go sprint, drag a sled, flip tyres, do barbell complexes. 15-20 minutes 1-3 times a week.

If you want abs train heavy with squats and deadlifts, add some activation warmup work (just for future physical health) and at best add in a hard ab workout like straight legged lowering and moving towards barbell rollouts.

That is the program i'm using. One of the beginners ones from this site.

I am certainly going to do some running and hills I figure are great. Got one right out the front and can do sprints up and down with some abb work in between.

You missed my point there is no 5x5 structure for any of the beginner routines there. So you are already changing a beginner routine from what the creator has deemed best (and they do this for a reason).

Diet wise work out how much money you can spend on food for yourself each week and then see what your budget is. I would look at getting chicken from a butcher (markets are good for prices if you live near one). Tuna is pretty cheap and many guys live of the stuff. Mince can be quite cheap too and you can make a fair few cheap meals out of a lot of mince and a few extra products.

You diet needs 1. more food 2. more protein 3. more fats 4. more food.

Last edited:
You missed my point there is no 5x5 structure for any of the beginner routines there. So you are already changing a beginner routine from what the creator has deemed best (and they do this for a reason).

Figured that out and changed it to the first routine shown.

Squat
Bench Press
Dead Left
One Arm DB Row
Behind Neck Press

3 x 8-10 3 times a week.

I'll mix this with 3 cardio days where I do 20/30 minute sprints, hill runs etc and abb work one those days.

Here is my exact diet. What improvemtns do you recoment. My goal is to have a body of a male model.

Brecky
2 Eggs, 3 Wheatbix (I have Oats and can eat them instead but how much dry mix with how much milk?) 2 cups milk hand full of blueberries.

Morning tea
Orange

Lunch
Bread/Pasta/Rice with salad or veges and 2 slices ham or 2 slices of turkey/ small can of tuna/salmon.

Afternoon tea
Banana

Dinner
Hand size portion of meat maybe more with 2 cups of veges and pasta and sauce mix/2 mashed potatos/cup rice etc

I started on creatine and L-Glutimine. Loading this week just started today.

What can I cahnge mate. I don't mind criticism just add something positive for me to change.

I added some to the post just before so read that, basically you need to eat more.

Forget the creatine and glutamine or any other supplement besides protein powder if you need it. You say you have minimal money then don't waste it on supplements spend it on food instead.

Drop the cardio if you can not eat big. Just lift 3-4 times a week for now to put on some muscle. All that extra work will just limit your muscle gain.

Where are you starting from anyways are you overweight or thin? No particulars there no height, weight, pics etc.

One tip is milk, it adds calories, protein and a lot of other good stuff for a small cost.

Shouldn't I add some carbs to my lunch?

The diet I suggested is just a base from where you can add or improve on. This is goal dependant, do you want to gain weight or lose fat. This will determine your calories.

If you feel like you need more carbs I would add more oats, brown rice, sweet potato.

But if you want a plan that is going to change your body composition then sticking to a beginner program and only eating lean meats, tuna, fish, fruits, veggies, oats, eggs, nuts, some milk will be your best bet.

Try it, see how you go, if you feel you need more food add more unprocessed food that is rich in the good stuff (vitamins, minerals, fiber etc).

Figured that out and changed it to the first routine shown.

Squat
Bench Press
Dead Left
One Arm DB Row
Behind Neck Press

3 x 8-10 3 times a week.

I'll mix this with 3 cardio days where I do 20/30 minute sprints, hill runs etc and abb work one those days.

Here is my exact diet. What improvemtns do you recoment. My goal is to have a body of a male model.

Brecky
2 Eggs, 3 Wheatbix (I have Oats and can eat them instead but how much dry mix with how much milk?) 2 cups milk hand full of blueberries.

Morning tea
Orange

Lunch
Bread/Pasta/Rice with salad or veges and 2 slices ham or 2 slices of turkey/ small can of tuna/salmon.

Afternoon tea
Banana

Dinner
Hand size portion of meat maybe more with 2 cups of veges and pasta and sauce mix/2 mashed potatos/cup rice etc

I started on creatine and L-Glutimine. Loading this week just started today.

What can I cahnge mate. I don't mind criticism just add something positive for me to change.

Drop the creatine/glutimine and buy yourself a protein powder,

Bulk Nutrients has WPC at cheap prices

Eat like you want to gain weight

I've eaten today:

6 eggs + 4 rashes bacon + banana (buy eggs in bulk)
Chicken + brown rice + salad (factor chicken outlets and buy in bulk)
Big shake with milk + yoghurt + ice cream + blueberries + 2 scoops WPC (site above)
2 cans of tuna + brown rice + salad (aldi sells cheap tuna)

Another meal + cottage cheese/yoghurt/almonds at night and thats it for today

Milk is also cheap if youre looking to gain weight/extra calories or protein

Last edited:
I added some to the post just before so read that, basically you need to eat more.

Forget the creatine and glutamine or any other supplement besides protein powder if you need it. You say you have minimal money then don't waste it on supplements spend it on food instead.

Drop the cardio if you can not eat big. Just lift 3-4 times a week for now to put on some muscle. All that extra work will just limit your muscle gain.

Where are you starting from anyways are you overweight or thin? No particulars there no height, weight, pics etc.

One tip is milk, it adds calories, protein and a lot of other good stuff for a small cost.

Alright.

I'm weighing in at 85kg's. Have some body fat but has dropped off plenty in the last few months. Shold I go for a fat test?

I'm almost 6ft.

I have big upper legs and have normally carried a little more fat than I should.

I simply want to burn most of the fat I have and have a body similar to that of Brad Pitt in Fight Club for example. Not looking at getting too big just toned, however I do want to add some muscle mass.

This is what i'm starting from

Squat 55kg
Bench Press 50kg
Deadlift 60kg
One Arm Bent Over Row 20kg
Behind Neck Shoulder Press 20kg

I only have a bench in the backyard and thats all I have to work with until I can buy a squat cage (I have seen some on ebay for around the $500 mark, would you recomend anything like that?) so I am limited for now on my Squats as I have to stand the weight up from my bench or clean it to my shoulders.

Thanks for the help

Get quality so it does not break on you. Second hand is fine but you want something strong as it is there for your protection.

If you want to look like brad pitt in fight club there is no need to use weights just run around a lot (sprinting) and do a few pushups. He had next to no muscle mass and basically just had very low body fat.

Get quality so it does not break on you. Second hand is fine but you want something strong as it is there for your protection.

If you want to look like brad pitt in fight club there is no need to use weights just run around a lot (sprinting) and do a few pushups. He had next to no muscle mass and basically just had very low body fat.

Kind of figurred that would be the way to go. But I did want some muscle mass eventually and thought I might start on a basic program.

Today
Squat 60kg
Bench 40kg
Deadlift 80kg
One Arm DB Row 20kg
Shoulder Press 20kg

I would like to build some muscle but certainly have very little body fat. Eventually have a body like the guys from the movie '300' obviously that will take time. I'm more or less just trying to get rid of most of the fat for now