• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Bit of help please

Bread and pasta will make you fat.
Quality carbs is what you need. You want pasta and bread, you do not need it.

Pretty much completely.

Slowly cut it out of your diet so it's not such a big shock. Brown rice is OK, and slowly replace the bread and pasta with lots of veges and salad for each meal. And if your having oats for breakfast and post workout energy shouldn't be a problem, just keep the meals frequent.

I'll see how I go.

Also wondering about the program.

I was looking at this and it got me thinking maybe I should change my program at the end of the month.

Bodybuilding.com - Beginning Bodybuilding: A Comprehensive Guide! - Jim Brewster

Bread and pasta will make you fat.
Quality carbs is what you need. You want pasta and bread, you do not need it.

Fair enough. I'll cut out as much as I can but I still want to eat pasta and bread at times. I will try to eat rice, potatoes and oats instead as much as possible though

Fair enough. I'll cut out as much as I can but I still want to eat pasta and bread at times. I will try to eat rice, potatoes and oats instead as much as possible though
How come?? Don't you want to eat what is optimal, not want you want>

Spoil yourself once per week, but do not make it a staple or a once per day meal.

train hard, eat hard. Eating is not easy.

How come?? Don't you want to eat what is optimal, not want you want>

Spoil yourself once per week, but do not make it a staple or a once per day meal.

train hard, eat hard. Eating is not easy.

I'm seeing great results and eating bread and pasta almost every day. It gives me energy to train and if I do enough HIIT I should limit most of the fat shouldn't I?

I love pasta and bread and really don't want to give it up mate.

Alright.

I'm weighing in at 85kg's. Have some body fat but has dropped off plenty in the last few months. Shold I go for a fat test?

I'm almost 6ft.

I have big upper legs and have normally carried a little more fat than I should.

I simply want to burn most of the fat I have and have a body similar to that of Brad Pitt in Fight Club for example. Not looking at getting too big just toned, however I do want to add some muscle mass.

This is what i'm starting from

Squat 55kg
Bench Press 50kg
Deadlift 60kg
One Arm Bent Over Row 20kg
Behind Neck Shoulder Press 20kg

I only have a bench in the backyard and thats all I have to work with until I can buy a squat cage (I have seen some on ebay for around the $500 mark, would you recomend anything like that?) so I am limited for now on my Squats as I have to stand the weight up from my bench or clean it to my shoulders.

Thanks for the help

You dont have to spend 500 dollars on a cage. You can pick up just a squat rack for about 80 to 100 dollars they say they can only hold 100kg but i have had mine at 170kg and it is fine. I dont think it will matter to you because you are not going for power. I started out the same as you and still just train from my dodgy garage set up with a crappy old bench and squat rack, no safty bars here haha. With commitment it does not matter what equipment you have you can get the results if you improvise are determind and cosistant. Good luck mate

if you want to achieve something, your gonna have to make a few sacrifices. Take the emotion out of your eating.

if you want to achieve something, your gonna have to make a few sacrifices. Take the emotion out of your eating.
Exactly.

pasta and bread is shit. if you are getting good results then you could have acheived even better results eating sweet potato or oats, and there is no additives.

Fuck bread and pasta.

I wish i gave up up bread and pastat years ago..damn me. only gave it up this year save for rare occassions.

Yep.
I do like it, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Might have it once a month at best.
Tortellina Arabiatta.... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

You dont have to spend 500 dollars on a cage. You can pick up just a squat rack for about 80 to 100 dollars they say they can only hold 100kg but i have had mine at 170kg and it is fine. I dont think it will matter to you because you are not going for power. I started out the same as you and still just train from my dodgy garage set up with a crappy old bench and squat rack, no safty bars here haha. With commitment it does not matter what equipment you have you can get the results if you improvise are determind and cosistant. Good luck mate

Squat rack for $80 to $100? Where?