• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
B

barwon

When I curl I feel it more in my forearms,doesn't matter hether i am using dumbbells or preacher curls, is it normal to feel it more in the forearms or am I doing something wrong?

Half the exercise works just the forearms. When the arms are straight to when they're at a 90 degree angle, the forearms do most of the work. From the 90 degree point to the top of the shoulders the biceps do most of the work.

You might be curling your wrists at the same time. Try and hold the weights with your hands in straight alignment with your forearms. When you raise the weights up, keep your wrists locked.

This may help.:)

MightyTriby

Try the ROM techniques. Hang chains of the ends of a barbell and curl.
As the weight gets higher where the biceps do more work, the weight will be heavier because you have picked up more chain weight.

Check yuor technique, back straight, little back movement, elbows on the side of your body, keep a stiff as possible body with letting your arms do the work.