• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Beyond 5/3/1

Well looking at my notes. I did about 8-9 months of 531 and :eek:. How's that for awesome slow steady progress.

How did that happen??

You are adding weight (although not much) every month, how can you be weaker at the end?? Interested to know as I only just started and want to avoid any pitfalls if there is any.

Seems pretty straight forward to me so far, just hope I am not missing something:confused:

How did that happen??

You are adding weight (although not much) every month, how can you be weaker at the end?? Interested to know as I only just started and want to avoid any pitfalls if there is any.

Seems pretty straight forward to me so far, just hope I am not missing something:confused:

Basically the strength just didn't progress like it should.

So at the start on 1 rep day I was able to do around 10 reps on deadlifts. Then fast forward a few months and 5 rep day falls at a similar weight to what was doing on 1 rep day a couple months ago and only get out 3-4 reps. By the end I was failing with weights I could do before the program started.

The idea that a program will work for 100% of people 100% of the time is fucking retarded

Lots of good ideas in this book that are easy to apply to your own training

I really don't understand so many people saying 531 is slow progress, Its submaximal training, and just because your bumping up your training max a little every month it doesn't mean that's how quickly your progressing!! your still getting stronger week to week setting rep pr's that's the whole idea, Ive seen beginner to advanced run it with so much success and always set new pr's at meets or when they decide to test.