• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Best rep range for strength

• 5x5

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • 4x6

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3x8

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • 3x12

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • 1x3

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • other

Votes: 7 46.7%

• Total voters
all this build up will only make it funnier when I post the video up
night night

Yeh think 0ni has some serious problems, dont think messing with hormones is a good idea for him. He gona wind up on the news as the next roid rage king hitter lol. Sayin that i reckon 0ni couldnt fight sleep

Hahahahah 0ni ... You got owned here. At least be man enough to post up what you did manage to get. You started the dick measuring, can't run away from it now.

Oni, you have been defeated, but you can come back in time.

You played the man, mocking his strength prowess, which should always be a no, no. A man (or woman) can have sound knowledge regardless of ability, even though High Road is reasonably strong.

You should also have more respect for the clean and jerk, it is a technically hard lift that requires some training, although I am sure you could quickly lift 100kg (perhaps in a few months or weeks), especially on the gear.

I think the idea that there's a specific rep range for strength is a misnomer. The whole 1-5 for strength, 6-12 for hypertrophy thing indicates that, in general, with more volume you'll build muscle and with more intensity you'll optimise your use of that muscle. When you look at programs like Coan's classic 12 week peak (working from 10's through to a 1RM), it's not as if the first half of the program isn't building strength, even though the strength produced will be seen most profoundly in the lower rep ranges at the end of the program.
I like this post by Ryan in regard to relevance of this thread.

Many ways to skin a cat, and many rep ranges have a potentially beneficial role.

Key intensity and recovery, when to push and when to back off.

Having trained in a lot of fitness gyms, for many years, I would say only a small percentage of people master the balance necessary between intensity and recovery (and appropriate rep change).

Last edited: