• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Best post workout meal

Shank

Just wanted to know what some of you guys are having post workout, shake / meal?

I usually have a protein shake. Not a weight gainer though, so no carbs in it. Then about 1 hour or a bit more after i have my meal.

How is that or should i definately need to have carbs aswell straight after the workout?

If I workout in the evening it's dinner

if I workout in the morning it's breakfast.

Hmmm- maybe I could sell this concept?!
Posted via Mobile Device

Haha thats what i was doing, but how long after is dinner, mine is about an hour am i waiting too long?

Is just wpc post workout sufficient until then, i've read having some wpc and aswell as gatorade (the powder) is good to.

Sip the whey and Gatorade through the workout, it's very helpful.

If your still hungry after your workout eat a banana or apple or both, don't over think it.
Use your workout as a guide, if you are getting stronger you're eating enough, if you are getting fat your eating too much, if you are getting fat and no sign of strength re- think your workout, your not working hard enough.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sip the whey and Gatorade through the workout, it's very helpful.

If your still hungry after your workout eat a banana or apple or both, don't over think it.
Use your workout as a guide, if you are getting stronger you're eating enough, if you are getting fat your eating too much, if you are getting fat and no sign of strength re- think your workout, your not working hard enough.
Posted via Mobile Device

dextrose and bcaa's might work out cheaper.. minus flavours/colours and fructose

Steak and potatoes always served me well right after training..then I discovered internet and things went awry.

mattias do you mind if i ask, why the beta alanine post workout and not during the day in small doses, or just pre? also what is the main purpose of bicarb? cheers

Protein shake straight after training. Then within an hour either steak/chicken/lamb with salad/vegies.

I go for the protein mate (not just cos I sell it). Its quick, easy, does the trick. Good luck.

Dont you need a certain amount of carbs and protein post workout,

.25 - .5 % of bw for carbs and .5% for protein, i read that one bb.com somewhere.

Dont you need a certain amount of carbs and protein post workout,

.25 - .5 % of bw for carbs and .5% for protein, i read that one bb.com somewhere.

Fadi has posted correct info on here have a look through some of his threads.