• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Just finished first week of this program and am quite happy with it.

I have been doing it in the order that is written by PTC

it is; Squats > Bench Press > Bent Row > Military Press > Deadlift > BB Curl.

I am confused when you say "You don't want to follow up benching with overhead pressing"
Are you saying I shouldn't be doing the press after the bench?

Just finished first week of this program and am quite happy with it.

I have been doing it in the order that is written by PTC

it is; Squats > Bench Press > Bent Row > Military Press > Deadlift > BB Curl.

I am confused when you say "You don't want to follow up benching with overhead pressing"
Are you saying I shouldn't be doing the press after the bench?

I was giving an example of what to try and avoid, if possible, when following this beginners strength program.

You are doing it correctly because you are following the order that is written. :)

I was giving an example of what to try and avoid, if possible, when following this beginners strength program.

You are doing it correctly because you are following the order that is written. :)

i think ill give it ago i started ss in august done that till november stuffed around for a month ,now im on my 5th week of madcows but i seem to not be putting much size on my upper body plus im getting abit of a gut ive also gone from 76kg to 84kg 1rm are 120/90/180 i mite ditch madcows and start this :)

i think ill give it ago i started ss in august done that till november stuffed around for a month ,now im on my 5th week of madcows but i seem to not be putting much size on my upper body plus im getting abit of a gut ive also gone from 76kg to 84kg 1rm are 120/90/180 i mite ditch madcows and start this :)

I am currently doing the PTC beginners program and have had strength gains, breaking PRs on every exercise. However, I have begun the process of cutting by reducing my calorie intake and I can't decide if I should continue doing the beginners program until I stall on every exercise (I have stalled on every exercise except for squats and stiff-legged deadlifts) and then switch to Madcows or if i should switch to Madcows immediately and when I finish cutting and start bulking again, so back to the beginners program.

I am currently doing the PTC beginners program and have had strength gains, breaking PRs on every exercise. However, I have begun the process of cutting by reducing my calorie intake and I can't decide if I should continue doing the beginners program until I stall on every exercise (I have stalled on every exercise except for squats and stiff-legged deadlifts) and then switch to Madcows or if i should switch to Madcows immediately and when I finish cutting and start bulking again, so back to the beginners program.