• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
You shouldn't be feeling it in your front delts at all unless it is a stretch you are feeling. Drop the weight down, check your form, squeeze your shoulder blades together and down as you lift and focus on usig your back over your arms, work your way up with weight until you find your issue happening again or you fail. Do this in one session though.

You shouldn't be feeling it in your front delts at all unless it is a stretch you are feeling. Drop the weight down, check your form, squeeze your shoulder blades together and down as you lift and focus on usig your back over your arms, work your way up with weight until you find your issue happening again or you fail. Do this in one session though.

took me 4 months to get to this numbers once I started training and eating properly, been going to the gym for 11months total now.

took me 4 months to get to this numbers once I started training and eating properly, been going to the gym for 11months total now.

dont worry mate, ive been gyming on and off for 12 months and im nowhere these numbers.

gotta be more disciplined

dont worry mate, ive been gyming on and off for 12 months and im nowhere these numbers.

gotta be more disciplined

curious as to - is it possible to up the weight every week? because i did some maths and in 10 weeks if i keep upping the weight 2.5kg (same amount of reps) i could reach reasonable numbers in 10 weeks.

curious as to - is it possible to up the weight every week? because i did some maths and in 10 weeks if i keep upping the weight 2.5kg (same amount of reps) i could reach reasonable numbers in 10 weeks.

Should be able to up it every session. Sure you may fail a session every now and then and have to repeat it but for 12 weeks it should be possible. I've done it before so have many others. You keep going until you only progress weekly and then reassess where you are at.

Should be able to up it every session. Sure you may fail a session every now and then and have to repeat it but for 12 weeks it should be possible. I've done it before so have many others. You keep going until you only progress weekly and then reassess where you are at.

You should be able to up the weight a little every session for quite a while assuming you are eating enough. The stronger you are to start with and the less you are eating, the less time you'll be on linear progression.

I've just moved to twice per week increases, instead of thrice, on the squat at 157.5 kg for 3 x 5. That's about 14 months of training from an empty bar.

Like Dave said, stay on linear progression for as long as you can, it's the fastest strength and size growth you'll ever see.

You should be able to up the weight a little every session for quite a while assuming you are eating enough. The stronger you are to start with and the less you are eating, the less time you'll be on linear progression.

I've just moved to twice per week increases, instead of thrice, on the squat at 157.5 kg for 3 x 5. That's about 14 months of training from an empty bar.

Like Dave said, stay on linear progression for as long as you can, it's the fastest strength and size growth you'll ever see.

Okay, so try progress weight every week. And if i progress weight but don't get the right amount of reps next session do i try get those reps? Also, for bb curl and military press i find it hard to increase weight (bb curl has stuck the same)?

Okay, so try progress weight every week. And if i progress weight but don't get the right amount of reps next session do i try get those reps? Also, for bb curl and military press i find it hard to increase weight (bb curl has stuck the same)?

BB Curl won't follow linear progression as it will with the big 3 lifts and a couple others. Bi's are a minor muscle group (size wise) and gains from them are going to be slow. Focus on controlled reps with slow negatives that are going to cause microtears which are going to stimulate growth.

BB Curl won't follow linear progression as it will with the big 3 lifts and a couple others. Bi's are a minor muscle group (size wise) and gains from them are going to be slow. Focus on controlled reps with slow negatives that are going to cause microtears which are going to stimulate growth.

Gareer I dont mean to be a bitch but negatives became popular when health spas wanted to reduce noise. Natural rep cadence or explosive.

Gareer I dont mean to be a bitch but negatives became popular when health spas wanted to reduce noise. Natural rep cadence or explosive.