• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
using 140/100/180 I'd say front squat would be 110+ depending on how you back squat (if you squat high bar your front squat and back squat are likely to be closer than if you squat low bar PL style).

however i don't agree with Markos' beginner standards. imo you're a beginner until you can't make progress every 48 hours as per practical programming/starting strength

using 140/100/180 I'd say front squat would be 110+ depending on how you back squat (if you squat high bar your front squat and back squat are likely to be closer than if you squat low bar PL style).

however i don't agree with Markos' beginner standards. imo you're a beginner until you can't make progress every 48 hours as per practical programming/starting strength

I agree this is true as each person is different but you can use a 140/100/180 as a general guide.

I agree this is true as each person is different but you can use a 140/100/180 as a general guide.

I say the definition of rich is when you can do absolutely nothing and your monthly income exceeds your monthly expenditure by at least 100%. Passive income from investments etc.
OOPS soz, off topic

Last edited:
I say the definition of rich is when you can do absolutely nothing and your monthly income exceeds your monthly expenditure by at least 100%. Passive income from investments etc.
OOPS soz, off topic

Been reading this with great interest, I might give this program a go starting tomorrow, or maybe even today and see where I stand. I have been training the basic excersises on and off (have not been very consistant at this stage, but planning to change that) but have never worried about the actual weights, will get a training dairy started today

I like the back to basics approach, and will be using basic supplements as well including multi vitamin/nutrient, fish oil capsules, Glucosamine joint restore, creatine and protein powder.

I will also include several cardio sessions per week on my off days to aid fitness and recovery and speed up weight loss. My cardio training consists of running, rowing machine or timed heavy bag punching/kicking workouts.

Also I am training to get into shape, ie get fit and look lean and muscular, not a fan of the power lifter body shape, most of them look fat to me and not in good shape even though they have super human strength and lifting ability. I am not planning to compete in anything, just happy to get into shape.

Will be posting my full supplement details in the supplements section for your critique as well.

Any feed back and ideas will be most welcome.

PS I train in my own home gym I have set up, I have a Samson Barbells Power Rack, Samson Barbells bench, home made thick lifting/squatting bars with plenty of the old Samson Cast Iron plates, York rowing machine and tread mill I do however prefer to run out on the road, but due to odd working hours the tread mill comes in handy and was cheap enough on eBay:) Missus also has a York Cross trainer and stationary bike, but I never really use them.

By the way I am in my 40's, 6'2" and 112.4kg, with about 30% body fat according to the fancey body fat scales my wife bought a while back, I am able to road run/jog 3-5km without problems.

Last edited:
Been reading this with great interest, I might give this program a go starting tomorrow, or maybe even today and see where I stand. I have been training the basic excersises on and off (have not been very consistant at this stage, but planning to change that) but have never worried about the actual weights, will get a training dairy started today

I like the back to basics approach, and will be using basic supplements as well including multi vitamin/nutrient, fish oil capsules, Glucosamine joint restore, creatine and protein powder.

I will also include several cardio sessions per week on my off days to aid fitness and recovery and speed up weight loss. My cardio training consists of running, rowing machine or timed heavy bag punching/kicking workouts.

Also I am training to get into shape, ie get fit and look lean and muscular, not a fan of the power lifter body shape, most of them look fat to me and not in good shape even though they have super human strength and lifting ability. I am not planning to compete in anything, just happy to get into shape.

Will be posting my full supplement details in the supplements section for your critique as well.

PS I train in my own home gym I have set up, I have a Samson Barbells Power Rack, Samson Barbells bench, home made thick lifting/squatting bars with plenty of the old Samson Cast Iron plates, York rowing machine and tread mill I do however prefer to run out on the road, but due to odd working hours the tread mill comes in handy and was cheap enough on eBay:) Missus also has a York Cross trainer and stationary bike, but I never really use them.

By the way I am in my 40's, 6'2" and 112.4kg, with about 30% body fat according to the fancey body fat scales my wife bought a while back, I am able to road run/jog 3-5km without problems.

Don't trust those body fat scales. I have a set that constantly say I have +35% bf which is far from correct.

Don't trust those body fat scales. I have a set that constantly say I have +35% bf which is far from correct.