• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Eat more?

EDIT:

I forgot to say well done on your lifts. It looks like your dead and bench are better than mine and I've got another 15kg on you. Clearly eating isn't why I'm not lifting heavier :)

Last edited:
Eat more?

EDIT:

I forgot to say well done on your lifts. It looks like your dead and bench are better than mine and I've got another 15kg on you. Clearly eating isn't why I'm not lifting heavier :)

I honestly cant believe how hard this stuff is.

Most guys drink, smoke, take drugs, miss meals, stay up late, eat junk, not enough protein, too many processed carbs, yet worry about sets and reps.

Sets and reps have an importance rating of 1%. The effort you put in has 49% and your diet has 50%.

I've always stated that I judge someones intelligence by the questions he asks, not the answers he gives.

After reading the whole topic I wanted to quote this post because it is 100% correct, if the next morning after squatting you need a wheelchair to get to the bus stop because the DOMS are unbearable than what you are doing is correct.

Last edited:
I honestly cant believe how hard this stuff is.

Most guys drink, smoke, take drugs, miss meals, stay up late, eat junk, not enough protein, too many processed carbs, yet worry about sets and reps.

Sets and reps have an importance rating of 1%. The effort you put in has 49% and your diet has 50%.

I've always stated that I judge someones intelligence by the questions he asks, not the answers he gives.

After reading the whole topic I wanted to quote this post because it is 100% correct, if the next morning after squatting you need a wheelchair to get to the bus stop because the DOMS are unbearable than what you are doing is correct.

LOL you just proved Markos point with that stupid comment...

LOL you just proved Markos point with that stupid comment...

as much as i enjoyed doing this program i have to stop, squat/bp/military press 3x week is putting too much stress on my joints, my knees/wrist/shoulders have started cracking, mainly my knees eventhough i have been taking BN's "joint complex" which has glucosamine/msm/chondroitin since i began this program

as much as i enjoyed doing this program i have to stop, squat/bp/military press 3x week is putting too much stress on my joints, my knees/wrist/shoulders have started cracking, mainly my knees eventhough i have been taking BN's "joint complex" which has glucosamine/msm/chondroitin since i began this program

I started this program in early January and have made some good gains. At 77kg BW I have reached 100kg BP pretty easily and am well on my way to 180kg DL, however, I am really struggling on the squat. Markos suggests 140kg squat as the bench mark for beginners to work too, right now I can squat 110kg to just below parallel for 1 rep and feel that 140kg is very long way off, or even unachievable, while the other lifts are progressing fine. Is there any reason why my squat might be disproportionate? Any advice in improving this?

Don't worry about it. Just keep lifting, eating & resting and you'll get there.

I started this program in early January and have made some good gains. At 77kg BW I have reached 100kg BP pretty easily and am well on my way to 180kg DL, however, I am really struggling on the squat. Markos suggests 140kg squat as the bench mark for beginners to work too, right now I can squat 110kg to just below parallel for 1 rep and feel that 140kg is very long way off, or even unachievable, while the other lifts are progressing fine. Is there any reason why my squat might be disproportionate? Any advice in improving this?

Don't worry about it. Just keep lifting, eating & resting and you'll get there.

Cracking or painful?

just cracking, no pain at all.

knee's feel abit tight when i've been sitting down for too long, i am sitting down most of the day.. shoulder has made cracking sounds when i've got out of bed afew times, left wrist cracks alot throughout the day, i do use wrist straps when doing push exercises. even while typing this my left wrist has cracked afew times lol

oh and left hip also cracks whilst walking when i get out of bed, cracks with each step but no pain. also cracks after i've been sitting down for awhile and get up start walking.

Last edited:
Cracking or painful?

knee's feel abit tight when i've been sitting down for too long, i am sitting down most of the day.. shoulder has made cracking sounds when i've got out of bed afew times, left wrist cracks alot throughout the day, i do use wrist straps when doing push exercises. even while typing this my left wrist has cracked afew times lol

oh and left hip also cracks whilst walking when i get out of bed, cracks with each step but no pain. also cracks after i've been sitting down for awhile and get up start walking.

Or your just really un-conditioned or didn't eat/sleep enough. In which case your not doing it right.

Or your just really un-conditioned or didn't eat/sleep enough. In which case your not doing it right.

If it's not hurting it's probably not doing you any harm unless you're genetically unlucky and have a condition where your joint cartilage randomly degenerates
IMO sounds like you need to do more recovery work (stretching, self massage etc) to loosen your muscles up more

If it's not hurting it's probably not doing you any harm unless you're genetically unlucky and have a condition where your joint cartilage randomly degenerates
IMO sounds like you need to do more recovery work (stretching, self massage etc) to loosen your muscles up more

Question about The beginners workout.

Due to time constraints i cannot get through the whole workout in one session so is it possible to split that workout over two sessions?

If not does anyone have any ideas what i can do because i am comitted to doing this workout atleast until I reach the goals set by Markos.

Question about The beginners workout.

Due to time constraints i cannot get through the whole workout in one session so is it possible to split that workout over two sessions?

If not does anyone have any ideas what i can do because i am comitted to doing this workout atleast until I reach the goals set by Markos.