• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
What Andy said is spot on. I spoke about it in a newsletter. When the press was dropped from Olympic lifting, Powerlifting got more popular.

Less overhead pressing and more bench pressing saw the introduction of a new injury, the rotator cuff.

I have 2-3 lifters who put more overhead than they bench, I'm working on getting more.

What Andy said is spot on. I spoke about it in a newsletter. When the press was dropped from Olympic lifting, Powerlifting got more popular.

Less overhead pressing and more bench pressing saw the introduction of a new injury, the rotator cuff.

I have 2-3 lifters who put more overhead than they bench, I'm working on getting more.

^ Just out of curiosity how much do they press and how much do they bench? Strict press or push press?

And pressing is fun.

^ Just out of curiosity how much do they press and how much do they bench? Strict press or push press?

And pressing is fun.

Jerks and push press

Max 102.5kg BP - 120kg jerk - 100kg push press
Mick 95kg BP - 105kg jerk
Armando 110kg BP - 115kg jerk

Nick is closing the gap

147.5kg BP - 140kg jerk/press

The worst result is from a guy who did bodybuilding for years, trying to restore some order currently

Rick 130kg BP - 70kg push press - 100kg squat

Jerks and push press

Max 102.5kg BP - 120kg jerk - 100kg push press
Mick 95kg BP - 105kg jerk
Armando 110kg BP - 115kg jerk

Nick is closing the gap

147.5kg BP - 140kg jerk/press

The worst result is from a guy who did bodybuilding for years, trying to restore some order currently

Rick 130kg BP - 70kg push press - 100kg squat

The are some awesome presses.

And yeah, its weird to see someone benching more than they squat.

Not really, bench is a fully supported lift using mostly upper body,
and a squat is unsupportive and uses your entire body, they are fn hard which is why less people do them..

I am trying to change....5 kg more and i can squat my bench lol

Last edited:

Not really, bench is a fully supported lift using mostly upper body,
and a squat is unsupportive and uses your entire body, they are fn hard which is why less people do them..

I am trying to change....5 kg more and i can squat my bench lol

The most disturbing thing in all lifting is lifters who bench more than they squat, no excuse, its piss poor.

Rick is alarmed at how far behind my clients he is considering he has been training for 5 years at least.

He came in with his dad who has lifted most of his life. His dad deadlifted 150kg, he is in his early 50's, and like Rick, ignored the important lifts.

He was chuffed with his effort, Rick managed 160kg, and asked if anyone else his age trains at PTC.

I explained James was 60, and he asked how much he deadlifted. I said 190kg, and he has 9 months experience, not decades. James also squatted 150kg ....again tonight.

TGM, your wrong, its not weird, its embarrasing

The most disturbing thing in all lifting is lifters who bench more than they squat, no excuse, its piss poor.

Rick is alarmed at how far behind my clients he is considering he has been training for 5 years at least.

He came in with his dad who has lifted most of his life. His dad deadlifted 150kg, he is in his early 50's, and like Rick, ignored the important lifts.

He was chuffed with his effort, Rick managed 160kg, and asked if anyone else his age trains at PTC.

I explained James was 60, and he asked how much he deadlifted. I said 190kg, and he has 9 months experience, not decades. James also squatted 150kg ....again tonight.

TGM, your wrong, its not weird, its embarrasing

I guess for me it cancels out I am concerned and trying to fix my squat figures, Would only be embarasing if you knew, and were not trying to rectify it.

But at the same time I am very happy with my bench..@ >1.6 x bw

I guess for me it cancels out I am concerned and trying to fix my squat figures, Would only be embarasing if you knew, and were not trying to rectify it.

But at the same time I am very happy with my bench..@ >1.6 x bw

This looks like a really good program, I was thinking of doing Kethnaabs Program on the SS Wiki but will give this a try too.

This looks like a really good program, I was thinking of doing Kethnaabs Program on the SS Wiki but will give this a try too.

This does look like a great program, will be starting this shortly as well.
Posted via Mobile Device

This does look like a great program, will be starting this shortly as well.
Posted via Mobile Device