• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Beginners program?

I have not deleted any of your posts.

hahah, I do not have to explain anything. I just see a big football jersey. Evey pic you have posted you are fully clothed, but that's ok isn't it?

If you are not a hypocrite I apologise, but why you openly admit to drinking Mothers (and lot's of them) yet flame guys who take Jack3d?

I have not deleted any of your posts.

hahah, I do not have to explain anything. I just see a big football jersey. Evey pic you have posted you are fully clothed, but that's ok isn't it?

If you are not a hypocrite I apologise, but why you openly admit to drinking Mothers (and lot's of them) yet flame guys who take Jack3d?

Sure you havent.

Its bleedingly obvious to everyone looking at that picture that I'm 95kg. I don't have a collection of shirtless pics on my facebook because, interestingly enough, I'm not a homo.

I'm not a hypocrite about what? I told you my diet was shocking. I've been substantiating that by posting in the 'what did you eat today?' records of my diet. I've never claimed anything other than the fact that its shocking. I've openly admitted that I eat every second day.

I did however state that I'm 95kg at around 13-15% and therefore bigger than most of those who frequent this sub-section because funnily I am.

You couldn't flaw that I gained 12.5kg on a strength program in a couple of months from doing the old 'squats and milk' nor could you flaw the fact that I was 95kg 6 months ago so you what is your point?

Jack3d and mother? give me a break. One is an ad in supplement catalogues, the other is a high caffeine drink that gives you exactly what it claims to - a high dose of caffeine. I drink it when I do assessments so I can stay up for two days at a time, ive never used them to 'fuel my workouts', nor have I claimed to.

WTF?

This is probably going to be massively inflamatory and a thread hijack, but frig it, it's already been done--- but Oliver04 are you cereal?

Dude you're 6 foot tall. Of course you're 95kg. Your lifts aren't bad at all - verging on impressive, but claiming that you're a friggin prime physical specimen, or all that and a bag a chips strength-wise aint the way to go.
Whatever beef you've got with Shrek isn't even a consideration for me, but dude, when you're 110kg at 6'0'' - then you're big. When you can squat 240 - then you're strong.
And when you're both - you can claim both.

Seriously man claiming that just strength work is the way to be Huuuge, or that all Bodybuilders use it as their basis is crap.
Stuff works different for different people - it's one of the friggin basics of exercise prescription - Individuality. And if you were a lean 110kg and did it all on low rep strength work then I might believe you - but you aren't.
If you reckon strength work is the bomb then sweet - but 90% of successful bodybuilders use moderate weights and higher reps a lot of the time.

Purely as an example check out Matt Kroc's change in programming from becoming a powerlifter to becoming a competitive bodybuilder - massive difference.

Oliver, no offense intended but why do you only eat every second day? Sorry if I missed the answer to this somewhere else.

Looks ok. Just keep it simple.
Remmeber to have at least 40-50gms of protein per meal. Your first meal is light on protein. Try 6 eggs and 250ml of milk with the berries and oats.

Thanks mate. Might not be able to have that many eggs. The Mrs is already pissed that i'm eating so many. Might throw in another shake

Lets take a backstep here:

I agree while getting stronger your getting bigger, but also don't forget there are some pretty strong guys with pencil thin arms and legs, do i need to mention the member's names?

Oliver04 said:
Theres a few of them, lets name names:

Me: I eat every second day. Despite this im still bigger than most of this forum.

A better comparison would be:

I didn't say I was a 'prime specimen', that my lifts were 'impressive', in fact I refuse to recognise my main lifts until they have 2's in front of them. I simply said I was bigger than most of the guys in this section (ie, around the same height, 70-80kg, pretty much everyone minus morgan).

I was called out, I produced. What else can I do for you?

Bodybuilding is a frustrating sport because what the pros do is totally inappropriate for 95% of its participants. Most started off on strength routines. Most can bench over 220. This is something that is passed over in the supplement catalogues.

We retain waaaay more new members here than bb.com. Funnily enough, we also have a big strength community. Who'd have thought?

I lift for strength, everybody fucking knows that. I come on this sub-forum because I don't like watching beginners spinning their wheels. At 95kg I'm bigger than the beginners, with a SHIT squat of 180kg which is crossfit worthy I'm stronger than most regs, yet I get told off because I'm a 'dumb powerlifter'. Can you see why I get fired up?

Oliver, no offense intended but why do you only eat every second day? Sorry if I missed the answer to this somewhere else.

Right now im focused more on passing exams than anything else.

Thanks mate. Might not be able to have that many eggs. The Mrs is already pissed that i'm eating so many. Might throw in another shake
Hey Mick, have you thought about getting the liquid egg whites for Coles or Wollies, these can help lift your protein content in your shakes? Add 250ml to your 2 whole eggs, this will give you about 40gms of protein depending on the size of your eggs.

Setttle down with the roid rage fellas. Just trying to get as much knowledge as I can. Even better if the knowledge is coming at different angles, means I get more ideas.

My program I will be sticking with except maybe adding in chin ups and SLDL eventually, can't see what else I would really need for now, not until I stop seeing improvement.

Thanks for the help and keep throwing any ideas out there please

Hey Mick, have you thought about getting the liquid egg whites for Coles or Wollies, these can help lift your protein content in your shakes? Add 250ml to your 2 whole eggs, this will give you about 40gms of protein depending on the size of your eggs.

Have thought about it and might just do it. The Mrs will get a bit annoyed at first though so will have to slowly build into it.

Any other good sources of protein that are cheap mate?

Eggs are about the cheapest you can get, esp if you buy locally from a poultry farm.

Bulk mince from local butchers can be cheap to.