• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Beginners program?

1. Stick with what you're already doing, you've only been training with it for a month.
2. Don't read bb'ing.com, its for smacktards.

Are smacktards retards that are on smack? That could be a recipe for the next jackass film.
Stick with your current program. Don't get sidetracked.

Its not for beginners, but if ever you guys want to make a split there's two articles I really like that will help you design one. 'Big cat on volume training' and 'dave tate talks hypertrophy'.

Thanks everyone. I'll be sticking to my current program. I have seen the best gains doing this so i'll keep it going until I stop seeing gains I guess.

I have been doing many different programs for the last 2 years. The one i'm using is the only one where I have gone up in weight at a good rate. One thing I might do is that at the end of the first month i'll go for my 1 rep max's. How should I do this? Take the week off training and do them mid week or just do them as one of my routines?

Thanks everyone. I'll be sticking to my current program. I have seen the best gains doing this so i'll keep it going until I stop seeing gains I guess.
Then you eat more..People always assume when gains stop it's the training they need to change..look at diet first.

There's no reason that you couldn't keep on making gains with that program for years. You might make some rep/set changes along the way and reset your weights every now and again. I've seen the logs of experienced competitive powerlifters who have use 3x a week fullbody programs to great success.

There's no reason that you couldn't keep on making gains with that program for years. You might make some rep/set changes along the way and reset your weights every now and again. I've seen the logs of experienced competitive powerlifters who have use 3x a week fullbody programs to great success.

Thats what I would want help with. When would I change the reps?

When you can squat 140, bench 100 and deadlift 180.

No worries. I'll see what I can do.

I'm thinking of going down to a gym and paying for a one of session to get my max squat, bench and press. Will be interresting to compare in a few months time when I do it again. I'm thinking of doing that every 3 months, good idea?

Maxing out is one of those things where it's nice to do, though not overly needed since you've got a lot of potential to go. If you find your best squat is XYZ a week latter it'd probably be a fair bit higher!!

Maxing out is one of those things where it's nice to do, though not overly needed since you've got a lot of potential to go. If you find your best squat is XYZ a week latter it'd probably be a fair bit higher!!

The main reason why I want to do it is to see how close I am to my goal. If doing it every 3 months/2 months or 1 month doesn't hurt my training I should do it right?

When you can squat 140, bench 100 and deadlift 180.
This is crap.
He's not after strength. Why does someone who wants size have to be measured in strength?Gget you damn PL hat off..

Mick,
Go by feel. When you think you are not gaining size, add more calories. generally it is the diet and training intensity that halt progress not the routine itself. Overtraining is another reason progress halts, less is sometimes more, remember this.

Please do not judge your progress by strength gains alone.

If Ronnie Coleman failed to bench 350 do you think he would have skipped the Olympia, no because it's not measured in strength?