• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Beating WADA/ASADA's PEDs testing regime

what happens if you are a sportsman on trt? for a legit reason from birth etc

Some sports federations will allow you to apply for a therapeutic exemption. Being a relatively new phenomenon this is something which governance will be playing catch up with for a while.

Wtf??? I thought we'd already covered that???
1. Microdosing
2. Untestable drugs - eg bioidentical testosterone, drugs still in production (AICAR)
3. Having advance warning of testing (has happened in the past, could happen again)
4. Travelling to remote areas where testing is rare and you can get advanced warning
5. Hiding under the bed on the off chance you get caught on the go AND you're "glowing"

Some sports federations will allow you to apply for a therapeutic exemption. Being a relatively new phenomenon this is something which governance will be playing catch up with for a while.
they pumped lionel messi fulla gh to combat some sort of growth disorder when he was a kid

3. Having advance warning of testing (has happened in the past, could happen again)
4. Travelling to remote areas where testing is rare and you can get advanced warning
5. Hiding under the bed on the off chance you get caught on the go AND you're "glowing"

these are not really options, are they.

This is Australia, please keep debate real.

You can't really put down corruption or stupidity down as a fair dinkum option, can you?

Absolutely. There is plenty of evidence to say that federations turn a blind eye in certain circumstances. Jamaica - athletics. Operation Puerto. And if you want specific Australian examples, Stuart O'Grady and Mike Rogers. Number 3 is a real possibility.

Number 4 is entirely possible. Small town, you know when someone new shows up. And why can you not go overseas? Airfares are cheap...

Number 5 is the same. Why will that not work in Australia? It's part of the WADA code, if they can't find you, you just get a checkmark against your name - naughty boy, don't do it again.

And what about 1 and 2???

OK, we may not have to agree on everything, but the question is already answered.
Seems like you didn't like them so you're just asking the question again

From another thread:

I think in sports there is still a lot of cheating attempts going on. As many still get caught, there must be others who get away with it.

I just think it is much harder to beat testing, especially in Australia where testing is quite extensive.

I think we disagree on how much harder it is in Australia. But I do agree that it's definitely harder than say if you're a track and field athlete in Russia.

How much harder does it make it for Australians to compete internationally when they are so heavily scrutinized by ASADA, yet other competitors in other countries can go through periods in their careers totally untested.

Probably not a level playing field.

no, definitely not a level playing field. I would think Australia one of toughest countries in terms of drug testing.

This subject is also worthy of an article.

I have often wondered about this, yet Australia is doing well in one of most scrutinised sports, cycling.

How much harder does it make it for Australians to compete internationally

This is the question. It's also one that can't be answered.

There is a lot of racial interest at play:
Americans were Lance Armstrong's most vehement supporters before he finally caved.
The British are the biggest defenders of Chris Froome and Bradley Wiggins. (David Walsh, a Brit, used performance data to show that Armstrong must have been cheating - but now he says you can't use performance data to show that Wiggins/Froome are cheating).
Aussies all swear Cadel Evans won the Tour clean - even though he has admitted to going to Lance Armstrong's doping doctor (Michele Ferrari)

You would think Australia's testing protocols are better than say Afghanistan's. But then the doping doctors in Australia are going to be better prepared and educated to beat the tests, aren't they?

I do believe that Australia is less corrupt in terms of sports drug testing than most other nations.

This statement does not imply that all Aussies are clean. Rather, it implies that any test-beating more about knowing what to do rather than corruption.

of course, this may have been different in past.

Carl Lewis let off in 1988, now Tyson gay and Justin gatlin, world champion sprinters caught and banned.

Michael Rogers an Australian, let off in 2013 for Clenbuterol.
Claims it came from a steak - except that WADA's own rules (called strict liability) mean that it doesn't matter where it came from, if it's there, you doped)

there is also ian Thorpe with high test reading, if you want to go down that path.

I just said Australia cleaner than most, and only sure way to beat test is to get a negative reading.

Thorpe has to retire for positive drug test
develops substance abuse probelm
get depression
comes out as gay

sucks to be him

lets get this clear. testing negative does not mean clean. eg Armstrong never failed a single test, ever.

aus likes their numbers and test results as proof the sports are clean, this is a silly assumption imo.