• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Had a good 7km run last night. Moving well. Podcast while training was Sunday night saffran.
Mrs joined the f45 gym near us (there's a few close by actually). Loves it. Which means the gym out the back will never get cleaned or wiped down again lol

What's the goal now mate?
Bigger, stronger, faster, leaner, maintain?

You know what, I don't actually have any clear goals!! As long as I'm still enjoying my training, I'm happy. I guess that's a short term goal mate.

I'm cutting out the oats and peanut butter from my shakes for the next week and a bit to see if I can cut a bit of fat from dem love handles. I added them a few months back to counter the extra running, but I don't think I was burning more than was going in!!!!

Why not just cut the peanut butter first, for a couple of weeks, see how you go, then reduce the oats if need be?

Ok. Will do that. Obviously the fats are in the PB and the carbs come from the oats. I wasn't sure which to drop first, so just decided on both!

Ok. Will do that. Obviously the fats are in the PB and the carbs come from the oats. I wasn't sure which to drop first, so just decided on both!

It's good to have some carbs in the morning for many reasons, most importantly keeps the brain alert, although small I know my brain needs it.

It's good to have some carbs in the morning for many reasons, most importantly keeps the brain alert, although small I know my brain needs it.

Yeh fair enough.
Before I added them and was only having eggs for breakfast, I wouldn't get carbs til about 10am with my sweet potato. Relying on coffee to get me to that point.
I was going to say, with a brain your size, you'd only need a few grams of carbs! Habahahahah [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Last night smashed the getaway sticks

400m
Bosu squats x 22
Calf raises x 30

400m
Lunges x 20
Calf raises x 22

400m
One leg squats x 10 each leg
Calf raises x 30

400m
Bulgarian split squat x 10 each leg
Calf raises x 25

400m
Prison squats x 20
Calf raises x 25

Calf raises with 2 x 20kg dbs. Woke up sore and tin-fruited

What's your heart rate during these workouts T?

It gets up to about 175-180 when I get back from the runs and back down to 80 odd.

I sometimes use 130bpm as the rest period. Once my bpm gets down to 130 I go again. Some sets would be back to back to back then a small rest while the heart beat recovered. A good way to train IMO (introduced to me by wallabies coach michael cheika when he coached our club) especially when running laps or hills or cross training.

Last night

6 sets of

400m run
BW bench press x max
Pull ups x max

I was 96kg last night, so decided to add 15kg to the bench. Too light otherwise.
So reps with 110kg were 12-12-10-9-9-5
Pull-ups
18-14-13-13-13-7

Tonight

Did 1km warm up run
Then twenty mins non stop of
5 handstand push-ups
10 1 leg squats
15 pull-ups

Did the the first 15 mins non-stop, then last 5 mins with a 30 second break as my grip was failing big time. Just wasn't getting out the pull-ups like I wanted. The rest helped a little. Wasn't getting 15 out for the last 5 mins tho. Between 9-13 really.

Last night

1km warm up run

4 sets of:

400m run
22 prison squats
22 lunges
22 calf raises

set clock for 10 mins
run 1.6km
prison squat til timer runs out