• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Had a good proper swim this morning.
Yesterday did some body weight stuff recommended by Physio and exercise physiologist (wife).
Lunges, prison squats, dips & chins for now. Legs are hurting like it was the first time I've ever trained legs! Lol

Body weight session in the morning. Felt great.
Yoga teacher came round to assess my eligibility for her yoga class!!! Can't wait. Some things I can't do, but most I could and what I couldn't manage, she's given me other stuff. Start yoga again Monday

Hows the guitar playing , greatly improved ?
Been getting stuck into improving my bass playing.Picked up an acoustic bass guitar.

Have you tried Pilates? ... Mrs. swears by it. I don't have the core strength for it to be honest

try some bikram yoga , it hits your core quite well and strengthens your back plus is great for flexibility

Walking to yoga now. Have tried Pilates but I wasn't ready for it. Did a one on one session and wasn't quite able to do it all.

Hows the guitar playing , greatly improved ?
Been getting stuck into improving my bass playing.Picked up an acoustic bass guitar.

try some bikram yoga , it hits your core quite well and strengthens your back plus is great for flexibility

Loving guitar. Slowly getting better. I am doing bikram yoga. It was good last night. I felt ok afterwards.
I was the only guy in a class of 16. But I was the youngest by about 100 years. Lol

Loving guitar. Slowly getting better. I am doing bikram yoga. It was good last night. I felt ok afterwards.
I was the only guy in a class of 16. But I was the youngest by about 100 years. Lol

mostly women in the class I was in last night 5 guys in a class of about 40. age ranges from 17 to 55. most women around 25 to 35.

How do you go with the floor stuff ?

living social deal for the one I go to
https://www.livingsocial.com/cities...content=849&utm_medium=email&utm_source=blast

mostly women in the class I was in last night 5 guys in a class of about 40. age ranges from 17 to 55. most women around 25 to 35.

How do you go with the floor stuff ?

living social deal for the one I go to
https://www.livingsocial.com/cities...content=849&utm_medium=email&utm_source=blast

The yoga teacher came to mine on Friday, went thru a session and we worked out what I couldn't do. With that she had other things for me to do. So I have a laminated sheet with me showing what to do when the class does downward dog etc. Floor stuff is ok, the bending ones give me grief

Did this session today. Starting on proper bodyweight exercises now.

Prison squats
Lunges
One legged squats
Calf raises

All 4x10

Already my legs are still pumped and sore! Lol

Legs 'first time squatting sore' sore today! lol. Im sure most of you remember that feel....

Did this one today

Normal chins 3 x 8
reverse chins 3 x 8
side chins with my homemade chain thing 3 x 8
ring pull ups 3 x 10
then all my stabilisation and stretching.
feeling good....

Yeah first time squatting after a lay off is horrendous for DOMS. How'd the back pull up?

Last edited:
Traction seemed to have helped a little. I woke in mad pain as I do every day, but it went away pretty quick. I have been doing my rehab stuff like a madman & maybe its finally giving me some relief..

Traction seemed to have helped a little. I woke in mad pain as I do every day, but it went away pretty quick. I have been doing my rehab stuff like a madman & maybe its finally giving me some relief..

Good to hear your getting a little relief. Traction didn't really do a lot for me personally.

Hopefully it gets better sooner than later

what position do you sleep in taurus?

thanks for taking the time to log this, have been struggling with a bad lower back for about 2yrs now.