• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I tried this interval conditioning training tonight and was rat-shit by the 6th set.

I did it in the gym and did the runs on the treadmill (12.1pkh for 2min = 400m)

As stuffed as I was, I felt really good mentally. I will definitely be doing these more often and trying to build up to 10 sets. Thanks for the idea.

Good to see you try it!
It does keep me fit and strong plus it keeps you thinking. Thinking under fatigue is hard!!

View attachment 6571
Got this out twice yesterday
The BB shoulder is a one armed BB press. Hard work!!
Loved it in the sun. First session after a week in QLD surfing & sunning with the family. Was great!

This morning did purely weights which is good. Haven't done a session like that in a while. I want to get 2 of these in per week on top of the main sessions.

Bench 6x8
Weighted lunges (can't squat just yet) 6x8
Chins 6xmax (12,10,9,10)
Upright rows 6x8
3x1min planks

Have had a little niggle of sciatic pain the last couple of days. Hmmm
Went for a swim this morning and staying away from running & weights for a week or so until it dies down.
Good swim this morning, at the pool, not ocean baths. Punched out a km. I found it tough and I was doing 100m at a time then a minutes rest!!

Giving the gym a miss this week. Listening to my body for the first time in a long time.
Had a swim last night & this morning. Good low impact stuff that doesn't give me grief.

Had a lovely ocean swim this morning!! 30 something laps (give or take a few as I think I miss counted after 12 or so lol) of the Mahon pool at maroubra. Absolutely beautiful. Feel good, shoulders pumped and back gave me no grief.

Still such a pretty boy Taurus haha.

Good stuff on listening to the body. Something I definitely need to do more often!

adubybaz.jpg

Swam a few laps of malabar today (with flippers) and felt good. Was going to swim at little bay where my parents live, but they pulled a body out of the water there yesterday (another fisherman with no idea) so decided to go one bay north.
Back is meh today. Some sciatic pain.

this thread has suddenly become a lot more relevant to me - had an appointment with a neurosurgeon yesterday who is extremely keen to get me in for a laminectomy asap :\

Sciatic giving me a little grief so will be just swimming for a month. Loving it!! I'm getting better at long distant ocean swimming!! Saw some huge fish this morning at coogee!! Hahaha. Once my back is better ill get the kayak out and do some ocean fishing! Would love if any fellow members here would want to join me!!!

hey Taurus. Looks like i will be in for something similar in the next few weeks.

who was your surgeon?
roughly speaking, what did the op cost you?
who is your post-op physio and what have they got you doing at the moment?
got a rough timeline for when you'll be back to lifting serious weights?

I'm looking at a laminoscopy (keyhole laminectomy basically) at L5-S1...

hey Taurus. Looks like i will be in for something similar in the next few weeks.

who was your surgeon?
roughly speaking, what did the op cost you?
who is your post-op physio and what have they got you doing at the moment?
got a rough timeline for when you'll be back to lifting serious weights?

I'm looking at a laminoscopy (keyhole laminectomy basically) at L5-S1...

who's your surgeon??
If you don't have private health cover it will cost you about $10k.
Im with HCF and was still $5k out of pocket plus lost wages (lucky i had wagecover insurance too)
at least a month out of the gym, first 3-4 weeks walking only.
then swimming
then light weights at about 6 weeks.
as for PT, every surgeon has differing opinions, ask them to recommend someone....

Thanks for the info.

I'm going with Dr Parkinson out of St Vincents. Was also recommended Dr Pope in North Sydney but he was too hard to get in with. Could have gotten in sooner for cheaper with a less recommended Dr, but i don't want to mess around with my back - Dr Pope and Dr Parkinson were both highly recommended by a few trusted people I spoke to.

Surgery is happening next month. Just got my quote this morning so yeah, i'm looking at about the same out of pocket (also private - glad i'm not paying that hospital bill).

Fortunately, lost wages won't be an issue for me - I'm permanent staff so work will cover the time off as sick leave. boss said take til easter unless something urgent comes up. good news.

godd stuff mate
take your time with recovery
GUZZLA knows alot about this too. Same op as you i think....

Thanks for the info.

I'm going with Dr Parkinson out of St Vincents. Was also recommended Dr Pope in North Sydney but he was too hard to get in with. Could have gotten in sooner for cheaper with a less recommended Dr, but i don't want to mess around with my back - Dr Pope and Dr Parkinson were both highly recommended by a few trusted people I spoke to.

Surgery is happening next month. Just got my quote this morning so yeah, i'm looking at about the same out of pocket (also private - glad i'm not paying that hospital bill).

Fortunately, lost wages won't be an issue for me - I'm permanent staff so work will cover the time off as sick leave. boss said take til easter unless something urgent comes up. good news.