• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

AUSBB Wilks Total Record Board

Wilks score is NOT lift dependant, it simply spits out a score by combining a lifters bodyweight and total weight lifted. Sinclair does the same thing.

Its to work out best lifter at a comp, the lifts are totally irrelevant, hence why the calculator doesnt ask for lifts, just total and bodyweight, the ONLY relevant things.

Strong is strong.

Nice Wilks Nick.......should be soooooooo much better....January.

Yeah shoulda, woulda, coulda. I've got no chance of taking out the wilks anyway, not with kelly, michael and chris hanging around. I should do some damage on the total though.

In any case they can keep the 5 lift comp. I'm going to focus on taking out the strongman.

With a really poor bench and deadlift on the day.
I do not think those lifts were anything to be ashamed of...
PowerBuilder said:
the wilks scoring system wasn't built to take into account the OHP & clean. So i'm not going to bother with this board.
You mean you don't OHP and clean very much? :p

Neither do I, but I don't give sht to those who do. Play nice. A lot of people have built some very good strength, we should respect that achievement and their efforts.

Katie add me to the board please:

Shorty 662.5kg Total @ 70.6kg Bodyweight 493.23 WILKS (BATB3 19/09/2009)

Thanks

Great link James.

I'm a number cruncher nerd so that was very interesting to me.

Looks like they collected some data (doesn't say how much though - usually the more data the better), and fit a curve to it. The obvious questions that I have are: how well does the curve fit (what are the residuals left over), and why did they choose that particular function? Eh... I think I'm thinking too deeply :D

Nikko @ 83.2kg total of 696 and a wilks of 463.884
Was done @ BATB III

26.jpg

This is Nikko, pulling over 200kg.

Some big arms there! How much is he lifting? I can never total up your weights Markos. haha

I think that blondie behind you is checking out your ass Nikko.

What is the breakdown of those weights Nick? So I can remember for next time I have to add it up.

Looks to be 20kg Bar + Per Side (4 x Yellow 15kg + 2 x Green 10kg + 1x 10kg Flintstones + 5kg on the end) = 20kg + (8 x 15) + (6 x 10) + (2 x 5) = 210kg

Hope that makes sense Josh

Does the wilks thing mean anything if you dont do some of those exercises?

I have been doing deadlifts, squats and bench but dont do the others.

nevermind just ignore this post.