• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

ATTN cyber fit power rack and flat/inline bench owners

jim23

Long time lurker first time poster.

so i finally have the room to set up a home gym so i have been reading thread after thread about power racks and benches.

currently im leaning towards the cyber fit LC2 power rack
and the cyber fit flat/incline bench

for a few reasons such as they look solid and both have a smaller footprint than others (size is an issue).

now the main question im hoping to have answered by someone who owns these two bits of kit is when the bench is in the cage in the flat position like so
Powerrackpkg-FIbench3.jpg

as the rear cross bar in the cage determines how far back you can put the bench and it is set in further than on the MMPR rack i just want to make sure that the bench is far enough back that you dont find that either your but is in gap in between the pads or your leaning to far back when you lift the bar off the hooks??
its something i know would drive me nuts

i know this will be slightly effected by your height, im 6"1.

if it may be an issue i may have to consider playing it safe and getting the MMPR power rack instead.
any feedback on any of the pieces mentioned or the commercial flat/incline bench on gym direct is much appreciated.

Last edited:
considered that but am in SA

i will be in sydney in a month but patience is not a strong point and i am well over squat stands

I've got that setup with the flat bench so have no idea with the incline sorry.

Why not just lift off from the front uprights? Surely better then reaching back and putting your shoulder in a shit position.

good point brick

might go to the gym and try it first as ive always lifted off from behind
see how it feels

good point brick

might go to the gym and try it first as ive always lifted off from behind
see how it feels

Only fault on that rack is that brace at the back. I squat out of the front uprights cause the fucking thing bangs my shins. Still walk it out just reverse to what I used to do in the gym. Doesn't really bother me.

considered that but am in SA

i will be in sydney in a month but patience is not a strong point and i am well over squat stands

Even if you ordered the muscle motion rack today it will still be a 3-4 week wait. I just ordered one a couple of days ago and they sending no earlier than 4th April. That maybe due to stock levels I'm assuming

thanks for the feedback

i think i will go with the MMPR and considering red dog's info i will order it today

now just need to decided on the bench, cyber fit looks to fit the bill the best
as it needs to flat and inline, sturdy but not super huge and pref a small gap between the pads

any other suggestions on bench much appreciated

I love my MMPR. More spotter space, more pins. Im at Cyberfit on monday getting some more gear so will suss out this rack in comparison to the MMPR

From memory that brace at the back was not well thought out on the cyberfit rack...

The commercial rack was pretty good... Although I like gun racks... Thing was beastly!!!

thanks for the feedback

i think i will go with the MMPR and considering red dog's info i will order it today

now just need to decided on the bench, cyber fit looks to fit the bill the best
as it needs to flat and inline, sturdy but not super huge and pref a small gap between the pads

any other suggestions on bench much appreciated

Their benches are too narrow. Get all your shit on the same order keep freoght cost down

I picked up a second hand Cyberfit LC2 last week. The flat bench is high enough that it can sit over the rear cross-bar. From the photos of the flat/incline bench it has the same basic frame so it should be able to do the same.

img0722se.jpg

Last edited:
Their benches are too narrow. Get all your shit on the same order keep freoght cost down

The feet or the pad? The pad is the same as most other benches at 270mm wide

Not at all worried about freight or cost
It just needs to suit my needs and preferences and fit in the spare room
I like the look of the white commercial bench from gym direct but it has a huge gap between the pads and the seat appears to only go up to about 75-80 degrees.

Any other suggestions for a bench?

The feet or the pad? The pad is the same as most other benches at 270mm wide

Not at all worried about freight or cost
It just needs to suit my needs and preferences and fit in the spare room
I like the look of the white commercial bench from gym direct but it has a huge gap between the pads and the seat appears to only go up to about 75-80 degrees.

Any other suggestions for a bench?

I'll measure mine when I get home bit I reckon its only 250mm. I hate using an incline to flat bench full stop. I'll buy an adjustable soon but only for incline and seated press.

Did you get your plates from there too Brick? Are the plates the right diameter or you pulling deficits?

Did you get your plates from there too Brick? Are the plates the right diameter or you pulling deficits?

All rubber coated 20's are the wrong dia. I pull with 2 regulation bumpers rest normal black rubber plates. The bumpers are holding up fine & their second hand budget cheapies.

It amazes me that people buy all top of the line commercial gear for home. Its nice but it doesn't lift the fucking weight for you.

All rubber coated 20's are the wrong dia. I pull with 2 regulation bumpers rest normal black rubber plates. The bumpers are holding up fine & their second hand budget cheapies.

It amazes me that people buy all top of the line commercial gear for home. Its nice but it doesn't lift the fucking weight for you.

Yea thats just what i thought, im looking at getting something like LC2 Power Rack + 100KG Olympic Weight Set + Flat bench | | Cyberfit Gym Equipment for home then adding a pair of bumpers to it for pulling.

Is regulation 450mm diameter Brick ?
I queried gym direct for the diameter of the 20kg rubber coated plates and they said they were 450mm.