• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
[MENTION=9159]wingman[/MENTION]; I understand homosexuals like yourself aren't happy with the church for making gay love a sin, but making blatantly incorrect posts makes you look foolish as well as fruity.
So the church decides what makes a sin, not your friend above? At least that makes sense.

So the church decides what makes a sin, not your friend above? At least that makes sense.

I am not a Christian as I have repeatedly said. But heres the thing. My Mother was a very Christian person who sacrificed her life to others and died very young. This is what Christians do. They are the ones doing most of charity works. TRUE Christians are very good people and they don't need cowards attacking them.

I have a neighbor who harasses a Christian family coz he knows they won't retaliate coz TRUE Christians are very forgiving and loving people. Its cowards who attack good peaceful and loving people whether online or in real life.

Last edited:
TRUE Christians are very good people

This is very true.

i have met some wonderful religious people from all denominations in the past and more than happy with them doing whatever it is they like to do, just as they are happy for me to be an atheist. They do a lot of good work in the community.

It's not a bad thing people do believe in something that they think helps them.

It's true, faith gives strength, scientifically proven that devoted believers have a much higher pain thrashold than people without faith, and sociopaths even higher thrashold, so really not sure why I wrote that, maybe just wanted to be part of the conversation.

It's true, faith gives strength, scientifically proven that devoted believers have a much higher pain thrashold than people without faith, and sociopaths even higher thrashold, so really not sure why I wrote that, maybe just wanted to be part of the conversation.

Brother Grunta can now answer all your religious queries. I got chit to do. :)

I am not a Christian as I have repeatedly said. But heres the thing. My Mother was a very Christian person who sacrificed her life to others and died very young. This is what Christians do. They are the ones doing most of charity works. TRUE Christians are very good people and they don't need cowards attacking them..

No they certainly don't need cowards or anyone else for that matter attacking them based on the goodness of their hearts.

I have a neighbor who harasses a Christian family coz he knows they won't retaliate coz TRUE Christians are very forgiving and loving people. Its cowards who attack good peaceful and loving people whether online or in real life.

As I've replied to you once before Sir El Stiffy, that Islam requires from its adherents to be patient, merciful, and peaceful etc. However it also requires that justice be served and oppression and suppression be demolished if and when it's practical to do so. So if that "wonderful" neighbour of yours was my neighbor and was harassing me because I'm a peace loving Muslim, he would have another thing coming once he has been warned of his possibly arrogant and rude/violent attitude towards me/my family. So where prophet Jesus (peace be upon him) have said in Matthew 5:38-39, “You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’ But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also." Up to a point perhaps, and that's where patience and forgiveness comes in to give the offender a chance to reconsider his position (if the circumstances warrants reconsideration to begin with that is). After that, I am not obliged to turn the other cheek and would insure justice is served, as a more practical solution to dealing with a particular problem. Muslims (and True Christians) I'm sure, are no one's door mat or punching bag, and when push comes to shove justice rather than transgression of certain limits would have to be allowed to take its course.

No they certainly don't need cowards or anyone else for that matter attacking them based on the goodness of their hearts.

As I've replied to you once before Sir El Stiffy, that Islam requires from its adherents to be patient, merciful, and peaceful etc. However it also requires that justice be served and oppression and suppression be demolished if and when it's practical to do so. So if that "wonderful" neighbour of yours was my neighbor and was harassing me because I'm a peace loving Muslim, he would have another thing coming once he has been warned of his possibly arrogant and rude/violent attitude towards me/my family. So where prophet Jesus (peace be upon him) have said in Matthew 5:38-39, “You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’ But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also." Up to a point perhaps, and that's where patience and forgiveness comes in to give the offender a chance to reconsider his position (if the circumstances warrants reconsideration to begin with that is). After that, I am not obliged to turn the other cheek and would insure justice is served, as a more practical solution to dealing with a particular problem. Muslims (and True Christians) I'm sure, are no one's door mat or punching bag, and when push comes to shove justice rather than transgression of certain limits would have to be allowed to take its course.

Those are very wise words Fadi. It is sad when bad things happen to good people as true Christians and true Muslims are obviously very good people. So whether anyone believes in God or not I think respect needs to be given for people's goodness which Christianity and Islam promotes in people.

I like that philosophy of yours as I was always taught to "turn the other cheek" as a child. While I understand that Christian philosophy, turning the other cheek does have its limits with certain people and more "practical measures" need to be taken at times. :)

Last edited:
Amen... Can I get a hallelujah up in here! ;)

Brutha El Stiffy and Fadi speak the truth.

And hey, its not even about religion. Whatever happened to kunce just being good to one another regardless of faith or not?

And hey, its not even about religion. Whatever happened to kunce just being good to one another regardless of faith or not?

Well i was thinking about this very thing just last night.

"Headley" i said "What would the world be like if every religion was based on the faith of helping each other out, and 'Heaven' was merely the Earth being a better place than when you found it?"

Thinking about it some more i reasoned that perhaps Atheism (in Australia) is growing because a) we have reached a point where life here is indeed very good and b) the Christian population have suffered some damage in the shape of the abuse caused to victims under its care in the past (and other reasons).

Even though i am an Atheist and my personal ethos is personal, i am well aware that we as a country have prospered due in large part to people who believe in one deity or another.

Also in many ways Christianity has become a tradition for the country in some ways. To do away with those traditions (lords prayer in parliament) is IMO the wrong thing to do.

I feel comfortable with that as being an Atheist i base many things on what happens in front of me, including what faith can do for a person.

I guess thats why i have no issue with people of any faith.

Except Scientologists.

They suck.

(Sorry if i have ever come across as militant, it is due to me having a bad day at work and venting at the wrong people) :(

Last edited:
Good post you big red kunce.
I think a lot of people are quite worried about death, it makes it easier to believe there is life after it.

I'm a religious person, I often question my faith, but i really try to be a good person and often I'm not, in times of hardship it's really helped me.

As a nation other than world wars, I don't think we have really faced terrible things like most countries have, maybe that's why religion is so deeply entrenched in other countries.

[MENTION=15762]El Testicle[/MENTION];

Hallelujah Brother! :)

Hallelujah2.gif

Last edited:
Good post you big red kunce.
I think a lot of people are quite worried about death, it makes it easier to believe there is life after it.

I'm a religious person, I often question my faith, but i really try to be a good person and often I'm not, in times of hardship it's really helped me.

As a nation other than world wars, I don't think we have really faced terrible things like most countries have, maybe that's why religion is so deeply entrenched in other countries.
What denomination do you subscribe to Silvercrack?

Well i was thinking about this very thing just last night.

"Headley" i said "What would the world be like if every religion was based on the faith of helping each other out, and 'Heaven' was merely the Earth being a better place than when you found it?"

You is and ideas man Headley

Rather than actually worried Andy, I think the majority simply avoid thinking about death. In the hustle and bustle of daily events, a person usually occupies himself with totally different subjects: what school/course to enroll in, which company to work for, what clothes are most appropriate for a night out, what to cook for dinner, how am I going to spend my weekend (and with whom); these are but some of the type of issues that we usually busy ourselves with.

Life is perceived as a routine process of such minor matters. Attempts to talk about death are always interrupted by those who do not feel comfortable hearing about it. Assuming death will come only when one grows older, one does not want to concern himself with such an unpleasant subject. Yet it should be kept in mind that living for even one further hour is never guaranteed. Everyday, man witnesses the deaths of people around him but thinks little about the day when others will witness his own death. He never supposes that such an end is awaiting him!

You know Andy, I think the last time I thought of death as death, was about 32 years ago…, not anymore, not since then. What I’m about to share with you is much closer to the process of intellectual reasoning than it is of fiction than you might think.

Consider the time you and I were no more than a fetus curled up inside of our mother’s womb. Our only home for nine months; a dark cramped place from where we received our nourishment, warmth, and space to grow.

Suppose we could speak to the unborn child; what would we say when describing the world awaiting for it outside? We would talk to it about the clouds, the mountains, the trees and the oceans. We would talk of a spectrum of colours, smells, tastes and textures. We would mention the thunder of trains, the roaring of planes, and the speed of cars. We would describe flowers, birds and animals; a world of lush gardens, cascading rivers, valleys and plains. An enormous world of huge deserts, massive oceans and vast landscapes. A bustling world filled with noise, movement and numerous nationalities of people speaking a variety of languages

Would the little infant curled up in its mother's womb understand the message? Indeed not. The womb is the only place he knows and to imagine the outside world would be beyond his comprehension. In the same way, our life in this world is temporary and like it or not, we will have to leave it to enter the world beyond the grave. Just because we cannot envisage or see the world of the Barzakh, (that’s a subject for another time), does not mean that it does not exist.

So the word death for me conjures up a mental picture in my head of a movement from one place to another, the continuation of the journey that began many days/years gone by, leading to our ultimate destination where we will abide forever. The atheist might like to think we're simply traveling on a journey to absolute nothingness. I'd much rather prefer to reason that my life had a purpose and a meaning behind it instead of holding to such an attitude of, "we came from nothing by nothing for nothing"!

I'm a religious person, I often question my faith, but i really try to be a good person and often I'm not,… .
Why do you say that Andy?

Last edited:
I think about death often, and I also don't like thinking about it. I try to keep my state of mind as a youngster. Like the gorilla, I still train as hard as ever, but probably smarter.

But I am still ok with a view that once it is over, it is over.

what I would like to do is leave a decent legacy to life as a father, hopefully partner, and as a scholar on political issues that hopefully made a useful contribution.

That is my meaning of life, as of 2015. I don't need anything else (for now).

Our existence is to bring life, nurture it to independence and than make room for other life by dying.
This is what I think about my grand parents when I think about them, the time they spend with me the things they showed me the things they taught me, nothing else.