• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Article on the ZZYZ subculture.

I agree that they should be made legal, IMO injectable testosterone is safer than alcohol for most.
It will never happen though because of idiots though.

I just have no clue what your talking about in all the other posts, nor what relevance the link you posted has to do with anything.

I don't see the point in looking aesthetically jacked to try pick up hot chicks at a musical festival, when you don't have the big nutbags to take them home and shag them.

You know, the ones that abuse it.

Examples,

#1 A former policeman at my old gym was very open to the others in the gym with his side effects.

#2 A mate of mine (and not on a major dosage btw) was going to hookup with a female friend of mine, but couldnt deliver due to side effects.

I'm pretty sure testicular atrophy is fairly common, and I am sure before I get flamed that there are ways around this.

Just 2 instances.

To add - These 'young' aesthetic/musical festival types may not have the experience/knowledge on how to 'fix' the common problem (above)

Last edited:
That comes down to education.

People who are smart get little to no side effects from the use of testosterone.

people who are stupid end up ruined for life, or dead.

lmao, pic is golden.

and I think the problem is, none of them know how to cycle properly. More specifically, post cycle. They all get huge, but I don't think they keep it for too long. They all must be on some potent shit when it comes to 'shredding' too, that shit isn't something you want to fuck around with.

Surprising how common it really does seem.

Yep. The only guy who used a proper PCT was the guy who inmentioned above. He has retained a lot of size he did everythin properly but his friends screwed up badly. They ordered german famer grade steroids i think. So it sounds pretty full on. I dont really know much else about it

Is prohibition of steroids working ?
Is there a better way to control use if the current ban isn't stopping people using them ?

Prohibition/banning of lots of other stuff didn't/hasn't worked.

It just pushes it underground/out of mainstream sight

Whilst I woukd disagree with AAS being listed in the same restricted category as narcotics, I feel there still needs to be a restriction on their supply. in addition to the well documented physiological harm associated with their mis use and abuse, there is the element of mental health issues that can ensue from their incorrect use. This can go beyond roid rage and god complex, and can descend into prolonged depressive states for some people.

Am I prudish advocate of a Nanny State? In some ways, yes. Whilst there are some individual freedoms that I feel we should be entitled to enjoy, there are others that are just downright harmful to the individual and to society. Tobacco for instance, should be banned, as it is deigned cause dependency and its dependency causes death.

If someone wants to misuse or abuse AAS I feel they should be cut loose from the public health system. Leave the health clinics and hospital beds free for someone who genuinely requires the service. Narcissism is not a cause that should be subsidised.

this BB subculture has been around long before zyzz! if you went out in the early 90's to the clubs on oxford st dcm, etc & the big dance parties had plenty of juice heads. my sisters bf was big into this scene & would take me along when i was 16+. only difference was most of these guys were big boys & would shit on the so called aesthetics crew.

my sisters bf had the best body i've seen on a bloke, looked just like shawn ray's body but never boasted or even talked much about lifting even though he used to compete & new a lot of pros.

zyzz & his crew are nothing impressive, especially for the amount of cycles gear he took he was pretty fuckin small! the only reason they are popular is cause of the internet & normal people that don't know shit about bb thinking they are something special.lol

too many guys get on the gear too early thinking just cause they cycle they will get huge. i've known a lot of guys like this, it's not easy getting a body like shawn ray, etc...

also i used to like the jap style tatts/sleeves but now would never get one! all these fuckin idiots copying zyzz like those two in the article, be fuckin original! fmd there is so many of these young ****s on the net with the same style tatt like a zyzz wannabe, what a fuckin joke!

I dare say that what killed this Zzyz guy, apart from his narcissism, was popping 10 Es and other drugs while partying.
Steroids would've been the least of his problems.

I dare say that what killed this Zzyz guy, apart from his narcissism, was popping 10 Es and other drugs while partying.
Steroids would've been the least of his problems.

Diuretics cause alot more deaths and long term terminal illness then steroids.

I find Zyzz hardly inspirational at all.

Inspiration to me, is somebody who lose a shitload of fat and kept it off.

or, the 70 year old dude that transformed his physique, disproving the Age excuse.

Something like that.

Something healthy, yet motivational.

22 years old and dead? hardly healthy.

this BB subculture has been around long before zyzz! if you went out in the early 90's to the clubs on oxford st dcm, etc & the big dance parties had plenty of juice heads. my sisters bf was big into this scene & would take me along when i was 16+. only difference was most of these guys were big boys & would shit on the so called aesthetics crew.

Yeah this is the thing. Back when I was a teen, you could tell a juicer was a juicer. They were monstrous. There were guys juicing left right and centre all around teenagers. In the toilets at the gym, you name it. Not only that, some of these bananas were training on a bit of cocaine. Wankers have been around since the dawn of time.

The prominence now is largely due to social media, which probably makes it seem like an epidemic. And probably has the power to influence more people because it's do damn easy to connect with them.

What are you going to do though? Burn them at the stake? All we can do is educate as best we can. Be good role models & show kids that a good physique and strength is attainable naturally. We have examples of great physiques and brilliant strength right here on this board.

they be admiring... on Oxford St :p
draft_lens17683384module155139088photo_1_1321369918179028_495349727225_351749002225_5859182_453789_n.jpg

They look ready for the Mardi Gras :D

Hahaha. What the actual fuck.

Cannot comprehend.

Must be all the aids from sharing roid sharpies or something, i thought getting on the gear was supposed to increase muscle mass, and fake tan was supposed to make you look cut.

Pretty much every natty bodybuilder ive seen step onto the stage make these guys look third world.

This just came through to my personal FB account.
It was a long message by a young teenager, here is a small exert.

I still have a little faith!

DD3C23B3-EDAB-4BA9-A92A-648D9AECC518-1601-0000019E9BB01C4C.jpg

That's great to hear and must give you a fantastic feeling knowing that you have inspired others. Awesome job!

--------

The problem with people these days is pretty simple. It's the modern pop culture age of "I see (X) and I want it NOW"

Everything is within reach in this day and age, all you have to do is simply reach out and get it. Be it drugs, bitches, cars etc it's irrelevant. Ease of access is what it's all about. Nobody is willing to put the hard work in anymore in order to achieve something. It's look at me and look what I've got and if you can't get it locally you just on a plane and get it from elsewhere. About 10 years ago I owned a small gym and regularly got asked if I wanted to supply steroids maybe 2 or 3 times a month!

The first time I went to the GC I saw one of these "Crews" and I could not believe what I was actually seeing. A bunch of guys that could not have been a day older than 15 walking shirtless down the street. Bulging muscles and ripped, something that generally takes years to achieve. My friend and I had a short blast at them for being 12 year olds and no sooner had we finished, his niece, who was with us at the time says "They go to my school, they take steroids but they are so hot!" :eek:

Social media sites have taken it to a whole new level. Ease of information on the internet causes the young and impressionable to do strange things.

Kudos to you though Sticky :)