• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Article on the ZZYZ subculture.

Thanks man....

Interesting read...

I was admiring your photo too...

Last edited by a moderator:
good read! and fairly well written.
I didn't know protein shakes give you acne....

ps, i thought you were 10 years older :p

Last edited:
Good to see you're having a crack at them Sticky, unfortunately people my age are still gullible enough to fall into the Zyzz trap.

On the other hand, you've given me something to work towards. I thought you were quite a bit older than 25, but with the amount of success you've had so far it makes me wonder what I could achieve over the next 6 years when I'm your age.

You're a legend mate!!

That was a good read and well written.

The human body is capable of huge changes through the simply use of natural and smart training methods. I firmly believe that, only once you have fully capitalised on your natural abilities, should you then consider steroid use - if getting seriously huge is you thing. Unfortunately for many, as this article points out, the short cuts are too tempting and the risks are blurred in a world of egotism, peer pressure and glossy magazines.

Keen to see where these people are in 5-10-20 years...
kids?
stable career?
nuts that make nut hormones?
alive?

One can only speculate

I'm in this age range - some of my motivation comes from similar ideals.. it's the extent that these ideals are pursued that make the subculture full of of douchebags, derros..

But good on em.. we all get our self esteem from somewhere

Last edited:
It was an interesting read and being the other side of 40 I don't buy into the "mirin" culture.

But, so many of the younger guys I play sport with spend the weekends are dropping e's or doing other illicit drugs. So whats worse, pumping your body full of synthetic hormones or pumping it full of illicit drugs? Both will fuck you up long term.

Before we condemn the bros for messing up their future we should probably get a dose of reality and understand that binge drinking and illicit drugs are a much, much bigger problem in society for kids that age.

Thank Christ I am too old for this shit.

As a 21 yr old living in sydney amongst the " asthetics" i will admit there bodys are great- the proportinate ones anyway.

That aside its the attidute from alot of these boys that are a turn off, ive had a few mates that have now turned into wanker, Self absorbed rude pricks that need a good smack in the mouth.

who dosent want to walk around ripped as fuck with girls creaming them self over you? i sure as hell wouldnet mind, But that dosent mean you need to be a tosser about it.

Its just a culture and passing fad for the youth today. In 5 years time it will be something other.

Not long ago these posers were rocking stripey shirts, nautica hats and scribling shit graff to fit in, Now i see the same people, With shoe string singlets, there sisters jeans and mainstream sleeve tats walking around still trying to keep up and fit in.

That was pretty decent. When I first saw Zyzz and googled it I thought it was an elaborate joke, a tongue in cheek go at bodybuilders, and that the guy wasn't in any way serious. I had too much faith, not anymore....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissus_(mythology)

I wonder what the female equivalent of zyzz is. If the male 'zyzz' is walking around t-shirtless with the false idea every woman wants to jump him, are the women 'zyzz's the ones dancing around shaking their booties under the false impression every guy doesn't want to jump them? That they have social status? Crossed wires.

thats a great article. summed it up well....

to many stupid vain kids around looking for a easy way, not willing to put in the years of hard work.

A good read, indeed.

I have much more respect for a Scott than a Zzyzz wannabe anyday of the week.

I see lots of Zyzz types at my gym, talking far to long between their sets and always training their chest or arms and neglecting legs all the time.

They look incredibly silly, and their love for the iron generally dissapears before their 40's provided they have not died in a Sauna beforehand.

I went to a Nabba competition on the weekend to support my cousin and a couple friends competing, I did not see any Young and Eakins compete.

They would of got eaten alive from the competitors.