• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Appetite

If you're progressively getting stronger and feel you're recovering adequately, do you really feel the need to continuously stuff yourself? Otherwise eat what you usually do, but throw in some foods you really enjoy to add in more cals. It's not a cheat meal when you're trying to gain.

With strength will come size, thus appetite.

Thanks for all the input guys. Everyone's right. Of course we all understand it's a matter of being patient and I am I just feel in myself I need to eat more.

... in saying that Im going to gagg on a can of tuna. BRB

hahaha

Welcome to the last 5 years of my life?

If you haven't been there you just don't understand how hard it is to eat if you have no appetite.

I've figured out that if I'm tired (because I didn't get enough sleep), it really effects my appetite throughout the day. Likewise if I've got to be active during the day for work (think trying to exercise on a full stomach), as apposed to slothing at the desk and eating all day with no stress or rush to get anything done lol.

Eat to recover, you will find when you are inducing a large systemic stress on your body via barbell movements that your body will fuel your appetite. When I was doing a 5/3/1 routine and sticking to the leg day/bench day thing etc, I found my appetite was gone. As soon as I switched to more of a 5x5 squatting 3 times a week, I had to eat, my body would make me hungry without fail.

The good thing is that during those times is when you make your best lean mass gains, because you are simply using so many of those calories.

So provided the stress on your body is adequate for your level of training your body should be telling you what you need to put in.

Over the past few months, have really knuckled down on my diet, and know the feeling all too well when you take that deep breath, look at whats still on your plate and think "s*#t, still more to go".... when this happens, I just try to suck it up, remind my self that without this fuel, the machine wont run, and just chow it down.

As its been said, try adding some of your fave sauce on what your'e having so you'll enjoy your meal, rather than looking at that plate of "chicken and rice yet again" and enjoy it.

All the best buddy

Eat to recover, you will find when you are inducing a large systemic stress on your body via barbell movements that your body will fuel your appetite. When I was doing a 5/3/1 routine and sticking to the leg day/bench day thing etc, I found my appetite was gone. As soon as I switched to more of a 5x5 squatting 3 times a week, I had to eat, my body would make me hungry without fail.

The good thing is that during those times is when you make your best lean mass gains, because you are simply using so many of those calories.

So provided the stress on your body is adequate for your level of training your body should be telling you what you need to put in.

This is totally true. When I was aiming to put on weight, my quickest gains came from, still being hungry after meals like dinner. If your still hungry after meals you know your doing the right shit in the gym. You might be spent after your workout but it might not be enough to get that furnace burning and wanting more fuel. By no means am I saying train harder or more, but maybe differently.

I wasn't trying to start a shitfight. But the definition of madness is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. I would never tell anyone who is fit and healthy they don't work hard enough.

As for 531 and sheiko. 531 is just another percentages program created by an overweight powerlifter past his prime, aimed at getting himself fit and healthy enough to withstand normal daily activities. Popular because of the creator and simplicity and structured layout of the weeks lifting.

I wasn't trying to start a shitfight. But the definition of madness is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. I would never tell anyone who is fit and healthy they don't work hard enough.

As for 531 and sheiko. 531 is just another percentages program created by an overweight powerlifter past his prime, aimed at getting himself fit and healthy enough to withstand normal daily activities. Popular because of the creator and simplicity and structured layout of the weeks lifting.

None was started. Tiredness is just a shit gauge for a successful program because it depends more often than not on fitness than anything else. Take most beginners on here who design programs based on how tired they get with 10+ different exercises. Look at how far they go. The effectiveness of a program should be gauged on whether it works and whether its practical.

I think your analysis of 5/3/1 is way off - wendler's lifts pretty much crush any USAPL scores and the guy works with some big collegiate NFL teams. 5/3/1 continues where practical programming left off by providing a program that is practical for most people's lifestyles. Most people can't work out everyday due to work/sport commitments like the upper echelons of sheiko programming requires - doesn't mean they shouldn't be able to squat 300kg+