• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Appetite

Danimal

PTC Perth
Hey guys, not sure if anyone has brought this up before.

I am trying to put on weight and in the last 6 weeks or so have done not too bad.... have put on about 5kg roughly (give or take).

Problem I'm having now is I just don't have an appetite and I'm struggling to finish meals I was polishing off with ease a few weeks ago.

Training hasn't changed, it's fkn hard and it wrecks me... especially last Saturday haha

Has anyone experienced a lack of appetite, what did you do etc.. ?

At the moment Im literally forcing myself to eat and I almost gag on my Tuna.... lol

My thoughts are this.

If you are serious about adding muscle, then eating will be arduous.

It's not easy, been there, sometimes eating felt like a workout.
Work through it, it will pass.

Dan I've had a look at how you train and you're no retard - you seem to realise that by getting stronger size/mass will come. If it were me I'd just lift and get strong letting the weights lift your bodyweight.

Lets say you 'ate big' or did gomad and put on 5kg in 1-2 months - a fair bit of that is going to be fat and that quick weight gain won't necessarily correlate into a great strength gain.

On the other hand if you keep focusing on the next 40kg on each lift its not like you wont get bigger - 14" arms don't support 200kg bench presses its that simple.

Plus, stuffing your face all the time is awkward as you seem to have discovered.

My 10c.

he wont bench 200kg if he isn't eating enough.

im struggling with eating as welll. i suppose you just need to find meals that you can tolerate.
i find it pretty hard. i have a shit appetite.

we need to start a bulking thread so we can discuss all things eating to get massive.

Last edited:
he wont bench 200kg if he isn't eating enough.

im struggling with eating as welll. i suppose you just need to find meals that you can tolerate.
i find it pretty hard. i have a shit appetite.

Haz have you ever tried normal meal patterns and lifting? I'd say the overwhelming majority of sports athletes and powerlifters dont eat 6 times a day.

Everyone is right here.

By training properly and getting the weight increasing you will gain size, that's a gimme I agree.

I also understand how important it is to eat! and eat! and eat!

Markos once told us... eat all the food in your fridge, eat everything nailed down, then eat the fkn nails! hahahah

I do have plenty of milk in my diet. About 2 litres a day. I have found that to be getting me good gains.

My whole point was... my appetite to eat isnt there so Im literally forcing food dont my face... hahaha all good Im happy to do it just interested to see how you guys get over that shit!

I use the highest cal foods i can find that don't require much quantity and try do it 7 times a day. If it's under 450 cals, it's not on my list.
Eg: add 1 tblsp macadamia oil and 1 of olive and you have 300 extra cals in your shake, add a spoon of lsa and there is another 80 odd.
Add olive oil to pasta = extra cals, add cheese to eggs = extra cals, handful peanuts = extra cals.

Haz have you ever tried normal meal patterns and lifting? I'd say the overwhelming majority of sports athletes and powerlifters dont eat 6 times a day.

6 meals, 5 or 4 meals doesn't matter, he needs to find what is "enough" so that he is gaining strength, has plenty of energy and the scales are increasing or the very least staying the same.

for about 6 weeks leading to a comp i lost my appetite, lost 2kg and didn't break any pbs. now im eating more and feeling strong. in both periods i was looking to add 10-20kg to some of my lifts but it didn't happen becuase i didn't eat enough.

i cant comment on other lifters, but i've heard SP and that matt middleton have done 1kg of red meat a day, and those guys are doing pretty well. a little bit to the extreme for most of us but it shows the importants of food.

Mate your making good strength gains. Be patient, you will get size and strength, as oliver said you don't wanna try and gain weight too fast or alot of it will be fat.