• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

anyone here not working to a programme?

5x5 is good, i have done that afew times, going to do FST7 training by Harry Rambrod. Its 7x7 with 30 secs rest, you do a muscle contraction exercise after a compound and flood the muscle with blood. Eg seated rows after deads.
AZZA
Hey Azza, that sounds interesting. Do you have a link to the program? I would like to read more into this.

Cheers

Im a home gym junkie,i kinda have a routine try to lift more than last time,by the way luv the new pic poopoohead!

Lately I've been doing a day on and day off thing. Giving the bad boys a rest between slaughter sessions.
Been getting bigger with the extra rest, plus eating heaps of tuna and fish every day with some good carbs, an oat shake or two.
Hitting hard the lats.

Hope u all had a sweeeet day

ive been getting into a bit of speedball and heavy bag between sets tires me out quicker though

When i first started weight training the trainer at my gym said that once you had done your first 3-6 months following the various beginner and split programs that you were ready to train instinctively. That is how I largely approach my gym sessions. Some of the magazines have some good training articles and routines. It really comes down to understand what your body needs and tuning into that. There are plenty of useful sites, at the end of the day it is all about understanding what your body needs.

Good but of cardio between sets.
I never have much energy after work. I have to really psyic myself into it somedays.
Im the same ,at the start of my workout sometimes i find it hard to get going .
i do my first warmup set then start slow on the ball and bag it helps keep the blood flowing between sets by the end i feel pretty good.

i was just reading your post on kyles thread , i warm up then build up over 3 sets to go over my max 1 set 2-3 reps 105kgs then go back to 3 sets 6reps 100 still hard no spotter still trying to climb if i had a spotter i m sure i could and would go harder, not bad but i weigh 85kgs.

i was just reading your post on kyles thread , i warm up then build up over 3 sets to go over my max 1 set 2-3 reps 105kgs then go back to 3 sets 6reps 100 still hard no spotter still trying to climb if i had a spotter i m sure i could and would go harder, not bad but i weigh 85kgs.

Yeah its hard without a spotter, but if you are pushing 105kg then good on ya keep up the good work.

Last edited:
Some people over spot which is a pet peve of mine. It can be useful from time to time. I personally don't like spotting. Especially for things like chin ups or anything for that matter it can make you lazy and over dependant on a training partner.

Some people over spot which is a pet peve of mine. It can be useful from time to time. I personally don't like spotting. Especially for things like chin ups or anything for that matter it can make you lazy and over dependant on a training partner.

thats true, i'm pretty lucky as when i ask someone to spot me they know how to spot me properly.

i only need a spotter when i do benchpressing and thats only in the last set just to take out 1 or 2 kilos in the last few reps.

yeah I hate it wen they grab the bar almost half way though the push and rack it for ya.
I like those dudes who happen to be walking past and decide to spot ya for you last 2 or 3 reps, and hardly even touch the bar.

yeah I hate it wen they grab the bar almost half way though the push and rack it for ya.
I like those dudes who happen to be walking past and decide to spot ya for you last 2 or 3 reps, and hardly even touch the bar.
dont get me wrong i dont want anyone to touch the bar unless i absolutly cant lift it and it starts to head south ,but i think it would give me more confidence to go heavier.
i try to go till my head feels like its gunna pop,who knows with a spotter it might...:rolleyes:

No program for me. I do keep my days I do things in order, chest/tris, back/bis, shoulders/legs. Starting with the fundemental compounds, then working my way to isolate, then moving on to the smaller muscle group.

I agree with poopoohead. I've never trained at a better gym than my home gym, and I guess a hundred or so others that train there agree.

I have 600kg of weight, mostly bumper plates, 3 Olympic bars, 2 squat racks, 2 bench presses, 1 flat bench, over 26 kettlebells, DB's from 1kg to 55kg, chains, bands, boxes, rocks, kegs, sandbags, grippers etc

All this in a 2 car garage. No egos, no posers, no mirrors, no bikes, steppers etc

Everyone in there trains for strength and conditioning, from 14yo to 60yo, no exception.

It takes a while to get that much equipment, but well worth it in the long run.

As for programs, I actually memorise EVERY clients PB's and what they did the session before, without writing it down.

I know every clients strengths and weaknesses. I dont have a structure for most, but I do for some that are planning to compete.

we mostly pick up something heavy off the ground, we do a knee bend and we press something overhead. Every session. Every lifter.

Home gym FTW

Nice bench poopoo

Hey does anyone know how to make your own plates for barbell.
Raid old factories. That's what PowerPagan does, has some old abandoned lumber mill near his joint.

I prefer gyms outside home. The presence of all the other people helps motivate me. Yes, some of them are idiots or annoying, but it's good for me as a person to learn better to deal with them constructively. I actually made the most dramatic changes when training on my own, but I am happiest training with others... so I make slower changes, but at least I'll keep going and they'll stick ;)

I also see a lot of people who have some sort of home gym equipment, and... well, there's a reason it's advertised as "slides away for easy storage."

But hey, everyone's different in their approach.

Last edited:
Big difference between stuff you can shove under your bed and 600kg of Olympic bumper plates though.

Over 90% of the stuff we do at my gym CANNOT be done at a commercial gym, and all of it is beneficial. Chains, bands, kegs, sandbags, KB complexes, 5 bar deadlift/clean/shrug complex. I could list hundreds of things we do at PTC that anyone lifting at a pleasure spa cant.

thats why we make rapid progress.

Two more guys deadlifted 200kg tonight, that takes the number to 36 who have pulled 200kg+ raw at PTC. Thats a pretty impressive number for a garage.