• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Any Gold Coast lifters here? New Strength Gym Opening Soon.

Hey guys. I just found this thread via google whilst looking for lifter friendly gym on the Gold Coast. Any updates for me? Ive been looking around Surfers and Southport so this sounds perfect.

Still searching for the right location. Its turning out to be a bit of a struggle. :(

gym area

i mentioned traders way currubin ,went passed yesterday still vacant i beleive they would cosider offers ,the old gym had 2 areas one for cardio and one for weights you would only need one area worth a look

A location has finally been nailed down in Southport. Stay tuned for more info.

Gold Coast Barbell coming soon...

Last edited:
new gym location

A location has finally been nailed down in Southport. Stay tuned for more info.

Gold Coast Barbell coming soon...
Hi just wondering how your getting on with your location? would like to check it out as ive been doing powerlifting for yrs bck in nz. I havent come across a gym that i like here on the gcoast as yet. any chance of a contact no?

Last year I placed 9th in the world in CrossFit,

No you didn't. 9th in the world was Spencer Hendel, an American. Is this you? I doubt an American would play Rugby League or join Australian military.

Edit, in fact the entire top 10 last year was Americans, aside from one who lives in NZ. Top Australian was Chris Hogan who lives and works in Melbourne.

Last edited:
no you didn't. 9th in the world was spencer hendel, an american. Is this you? I doubt an american would play rugby league or join australian military.

Edit, in fact the entire top 10 last year was americans, aside from one who lives in nz. Top australian was chris hogan who lives and works in melbourne.
lmao. :d:d

Hate to be the bearer of bad news mate, but thats just the qualifiers you linked.

Final score board is here | CrossFit Games and I don't see any mention of you. Even the guy who drowned in the beach swim in the first event ranked higher than you.

be fair mate - looking at the link he provided for the qualifiers, he ranked as high as 6! (in week 1) in the qualifiers.

Then subsequently dropped to 98th by week 6 :rolleyes:

I know you guys (wingman and adamklam) are only mediocre athletes at best and that is being generous but I'm guessing you'd get crushed at most things a CrossFit athlete could do. And 98th for only that week (week 6) still isn't bad from a total 26,000 athletes. and yeah injury some times forces the best out of the finals. Sorry guys, keep placing nowhere.

I know you guys (wingman and adamklam) are only mediocre athletes at best and that is being generous but I'm guessing you'd get crushed at most things a CrossFit athlete could do. And 98th for only that week (week 6) still isn't bad from a total 26,000 athletes. and yeah injury some times forces the best out of the finals. Sorry guys, keep placing nowhere.

That's not the point. You made a bullshit claim, and where found out for what you are. And now you're launching personal attacked. Very cool.

Want to talk about mediocrity, take a look in the mirror. No one would have said shit if you were upfront about 98th place, it's still impressive, but the fact you lied says everything your clients and customers need to know about your ethics.

In the black iron business, bullshit gets sniffed out a mile away. I guess the veil of crossfit dogma will allow you to get away with that and still make coin off of idiots.

At least they are not full of shit like you.

And common crossfit. So you are ok at a heap of random, obscure events that no one gives a shit about.

Gold Coast Barbell will be joining forces with strongman competitor and promoter Scott Jones to create Strongman Gold Coast. Strongman Gold Coast will be a fully equipped strongman club for competitive athletes and enthusiasts alike.

Combined with the Gold Coast Barbell Powerlifting Club this makes Gold Coast Barbell an unparalleled training venue on the Gold Coast for competitive strength athletes and strength and conditioning enthusiasts alike.

Come and join in for the camaraderie, atmosphere, motivation and shared knowledge. Experienced coaching is available for beginners.

Strongman Gold Coast | Facebook
Gold Coast Barbell | Facebook