• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Angus steaks from coles

Rugby88

I have Ep1c Calendar kunce
Anyone else had these from Coles....prob the best steak Ive ever bought from a store....soooooooooo good...had them about 5 times over the last week....if you havnt tried one get on that shizzzzz.

STEAK2.jpg

Ive only had the Riverina ones they stock at wollies, sctoch fillet and poterhouse are amazing

Will need to get onto thoes.

Trick to cooking them though, I only ever cook stake over my little coal bbq now as stove just is not the same though same principals

Seeing as they are vacum sealed, Take them out of the packaging and let the blood flow again, It should go a nice deep red in about 10 min

Leave to room temp then cook.

Dam you.....Im craving a steak now :(

$14/kg? For good quality steak? That's pretty decent, I'll check out the coles over here and see if it stocks them.

that pack says its $14?

And $39.00 a kilo.... 100 day grain fed... and aged for 21 days... Is probably also MSA 3...

100 day grain fed scotch fillet cost between $40 and $50 a kilo from your local butcher here in NSW...

I get mine for $23.00 a kilo...

I normally for for around 450g and thats around $15-$16....def worth it....will be getting one tonight I think!

haha Cheering if she does the shopping, Dam, my old lady hasent cooked me a meal for the last 3 years let alone done the shopping for me.

I have been cooking sicnce i was about 11 mind you, Gee i even cook for the missus now

And they say men dont pull ther weight these days? mabey its just my pleasing nature :)

I just realised there must be a picture of the steak in the original post. I can't see the picture at work, so that probably made me look like an idiot lol.

$39kg. Not a chance.

^^^^ this!

I buy whole rump black angus for $10/kg then slice it up. Sure, its not a great cut in that its rump, but the macros are the same and cooked properly on the BBQ its still pretty damn good.

Oh, and to cook it properly, be sure and rub cold pressed extra virgin olive oil into it on both sides first, then pre-season with salt. Cook it for about 1.5mins over a high heat, then rotate 90 degrees for another 1.5 minutes. Flip it over and repeat for a total of 6mins all up.

Bloody beautiful!

Cheers,
Mike

Anyone else had these from Coles....prob the best steak Ive ever bought from a store....soooooooooo good...had them about 5 times over the last week....if you havnt tried one get on that shizzzzz.

STEAK2.jpg

Dont you live on the Gold Coast? There is a butcher at Runaway bay that has awesome scotch fillet steaks in packs for $20/pack the packs range from 700-1000g. He also has plenty of other beef and chicken most of his beef is black angus. Let me know if you want the contact details.

$14 would be ok once in a while, how many people go to resturants and get a 300g steak with chips and pay $30 for it?

Dont you live on the Gold Coast? There is a butcher at Runaway bay that has awesome scotch fillet steaks in packs for $20/pack the packs range from 700-1000g. He also has plenty of other beef and chicken most of his beef is black angus. Let me know if you want the contact details.

Canberra