• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Amino acid supplementation?

Oli

Guys, preferably shrek,

I'm getting into the world of supplements (nothing major just creatine and protein), and I watched an interview with justin harris where he mentioned amino acid supplementation as a reliable supplement to take.

Whilst I understand what an amino acid is what are the benefits of supplementing it? would you consider it a 'core' supplements (up there with protein, creatine and a multi)? also if I'm going to supplement it what am I looking at using?

bonus question: is creatine Ethyl Ester worth it?

Protein is the name for a group of amino acids.

There is no amino acid. There are multiple all do different things.

www.bulknutrients.com go to amino acids and click the info button will give you some info.

BCAA's ,glutmaine are everyones faveroute supps to add to trianing.

I read them, they really sound like bs.

there's not a combined one I can take with the best of each? which ones do I want?

I only use EAA's as the have BCAA's included. I have stopped using post workout shakes and only sipp EAA's with extra L-Leucine doing and after workout and my strength is still going up while on calorie deficit.

Amino's should be a staple.

Edit - I use 10gms EAA's and 10gms L-Leucine.
I may add 5gms Glutamine later.

I only use EAA's as the have BCAA's included. I have stopped using post workout shakes and only sipp EAA's with extra L-Leucine doing and after workout and my strength is still going up while on calorie deficit.

Amino's should be a staple.

Edit - I use 10gms EAA's and 10gms L-Leucine.
I may add 5gms Glutamine later.

but is there anything that EAAs and BCAAs have that make them better than standard Whey Protein? I always thought that whey protein was a blend of EAAs as well as non-EAAs derived from whey.

EAA's are free form and are rapidly digested hence degating the need for a PWO shake.

I know this isn't a spelling forum. But when the word is in the actual title of the sub-forum you enter to make this thread, it doesn't seem justifiable to mis-spell the word 'supplement'.