• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

A Natural Bodybuilder's Perspective

are you still natural if you use creatine? What about glutamine? Sure their amino acids and not hormones. But it's adding additional fuel to the fire that is not naturally produced.

it's not 'natural' for the body to regulate 25g of creatine a day. What's 'natural' is having 2-3g. I"m not saying those that use creatine are somewhat chemicly enhanced...more just pointing out that there are possible different lines when it comes to how natural you are. A guy at my gym the other week was deadlifting 220 for 4 easy reps. He had the cheek to boast how natural he was. He was clearly as natural as a vial of T

How natural is natural????!!!How many calories do you eat a day?How much protein?More that is naturally needed?
In my (former) "natural" state I couldn`t bench 100 kgs because in my daily natural life it wasn`t naturally necessary.
Now you are just being picky to support your argument.:confused:

P.S. Gyms don`t exist in nature.

220 x 4 is well within the reach of a drug free lifter.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hell yeah.I saw a skinny arsed young Japanese guy the other deadlifting 145kg for 4 reps.He couldn `t have weighed much more than 60 kgs.
Musta been on the juice:rolleyes:

Hell yeah.I saw a skinny arsed young Japanese guy the other deadlifting 145kg for 4 reps.He couldn `t have weighed much more than 60 kgs.
Musta been on the juice:rolleyes:

I was trying for 150kg but i think my glutes pulled and now i cant sit down!!

I know.

I compare myself to whoever I'm trying to beat at the next comp. Or with those whos strength and/or opinion I admire/value. This gives me a good direction to take my training.

In the immediate future I'll be focussing on pressing and chins. I had just finished focussing on the deadlift because this if where others were gaining the greatest lead on me.

Comparisson gives me perspective.

Is my 150kg bench strong? If I trained at fitness first and compared my lifts to others in that gym then yes.

But when I aalk into PTC any other strength focussed gym, compare lifts to the people who lift there and a 150 bench is only doesn't raise an eyebrow.

In any competative sport, Id say using "comparison" is a tool for sure.

Body building, power lifting, oly lifting and strongman: all these sports use particular exercises to perform , become stronger at the lifts they are judged on.

Exercising for health on the other hand should not be confused with the above IMO.

Someone exercising for health and a better quality of life should not copy or cherry pick from the above modalities and think it will really make then fitter or healthier.

I think that most of these proffessional athletes are that way in spite of they train rather than because of the way they train.

A "natural" body biulder" could not, should not compare themselves to a drugged bodybiulder, they cannot train the same way.
How do you know they are drugged? You can guess?
Then the discussion gets ugly- it always does.

Having said all that and possibly not making any sense to some anyway a bodybiulder can benefit training like a strong man, power lifter and such just as those could also learn something training like a body builder - at times.

It irritates me when a person who is blessed with natural strength picks on a person whom is genetically challenged.

A great coach has the ability just to look at an individual and tell whether this person is either chicken soup or just chicken s h i t.

Last edited: