• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

A lil help

wannabstrong

hey members of the site, im just curious to know how to gain a healthy gradual increase in my weight. Im 16 yrs old roughly 60kgs and bout 5ft 10/11.

I honestly eat like a horse, thats no joke either, i will eat anything and everything. But i feel that is really bad because since the end of grade nine i havent done any sports. When i run now i get out of breath faster, which means im not healthy.

My problem is i wanna be fitter (cardio wise) and put on a good shape physically.But dont people work out to become skinnier? I mean i dont wanna loose weight.

Honestly i feel it all has to do with diet then exercise, am i right?

i dont have the money for all those 'protein shakes' and 'weight gainers' etc etc. So can anyone help me with a diet that is based around healthy foods? BTW i have a bench press and dumbells if that helps, and i have a bicycle (like everyother kid).

i am awaiting all helpful tips
Michael

Welcome young man, we can help you.

Do you honestly think you eat like a horse, got an accurate sample of your daily diet?

You can instantly bump it up by drinking 3 litres of milk a day.
500ml with each meal, 6 times a day.

Hit the weights for some resistance training and you should gain 10kg of quality gains real fast, 3 month or so.
This is provided you are training intensly enough.

Honestly i feel it all has to do with diet then exercise, am i right?
You certainly are. Those 2 componants are they key along with adequate rest.

i dont have the money for all those 'protein shakes' and 'weight gainers' etc etc.
Well good news, you do not need them. Sure they come in handy at times but they are not essential.

So can anyone help me with a diet that is based around healthy foods? BTW i have a bench press and dumbells if that helps, and i have a bicycle (like everyother kid).
At your age you do not really need a set diet. Just aime to eat every 3hrs or so with some protein (chicken,tuna,steak,eggs etc) with some carbs (rice,potato,wholegrain bread,pasta etc). Snack on fruit and nuts and eat vegies where possible. Also drink plenty of water. stay away from sugar loaded stuff like coke and sweets and junk food as much as possible although the odd occassion is fine.
Search the training section for some beginner training routines. :)

breakfast: 3-4 weet-bix with a teaspoon of sugar and enough milk to cover everything.
then 2 sandwichs with cheese nd ham nd tomato sauce.
then biscuits if im bored. btw i have bin known to eat a whole case of biscuits in one sitting.

lunch: noodles! pasta nd spaghetti (yum). but depending on the weather i probs wont hav pasta.
chocolate, chips, lollies, bottle of iced coffee, bananas and sumtimes apples. bacon and egg burger from down the street.although the burger can be a steak one also.

dinner: obviously this varies from night to night. could be 3 saussages wif potatoes and peas nd corn with BBQ sauce, could be spaghetti bolognaise (which includes mushrooms,garlic beans peas nd corn,chilli bits and chilli sause) or it could be one whole dominos pizza, or it could be STEAK wif potato peas nd corn, or chicken wif potatoes peas nd corn

dessert: not much except ice cream or apple pie or cheese cake.

BTW with the bench press i do 35kgs 4 reps of five..is that ok? with the dumbbells its 10kgs 3 reps of ten..but this is only occassional

michael

P.S with lunch time i may eat a whole heap of one thing and may not eat a whole heap of sumthin else

When Hulk suggests to train intensely, i have no doubt he recomends u seek the right advice in how/what to train at your age. Your still growing, so its very important u doing the training.

I cant say for sure, but i think it would be recomended that u saty away from things ike squats while your body is still developing.

Run 10-20 minutes 3 times a week for cardio, keep increasing the pace to keep you exhausted as you build fitness.

Do some situps, pullups, pushups for good bodyweight exercises. 3 sets is good, keep pushing until you fail each time. This will slowly build you up bigger and more muscular.

By the way, when you say "10kgs 3 reps of ten" I think you mean to say 3 sets of 10 reps (repetitions).

At your age, if you wanted (as the girls really don't care about size as much as a six pack in high school) you could eat moderately, and do lots of cardio to cut your bodyfat percentage down. If you did this, you'd have a six pack showing, and your muscles would look defined (and big to those who have no idea about gym - aka most high school kids).

I still think 3 liters of milk a day is insane but thats just me.

The only suggestion I can make is eat and drink less sugar. Stop drinking softdrink like Coke and stuff ASAP. Also drink alot of water and you would be suprised at how that will help.

breakfast: 3-4 weet-bix with a teaspoon of sugar and enough milk to cover everything.
then 2 sandwichs with cheese nd ham nd tomato sauce.
then biscuits if im bored. btw i have bin known to eat a whole case of biscuits in one sitting.

lunch: noodles! pasta nd spaghetti (yum). but depending on the weather i probs wont hav pasta.
chocolate, chips, lollies, bottle of iced coffee, bananas and sumtimes apples. bacon and egg burger from down the street.although the burger can be a steak one also.

dinner: obviously this varies from night to night. could be 3 saussages wif potatoes and peas nd corn with BBQ sauce, could be spaghetti bolognaise (which includes mushrooms,garlic beans peas nd corn,chilli bits and chilli sause) or it could be one whole dominos pizza, or it could be STEAK wif potato peas nd corn, or chicken wif potatoes peas nd corn

dessert: not much except ice cream or apple pie or cheese cake.

BTW with the bench press i do 35kgs 4 reps of five..is that ok? with the dumbbells its 10kgs 3 reps of ten..but this is only occassional

michael

P.S with lunch time i may eat a whole heap of one thing and may not eat a whole heap of sumthin else

Rep = repitition. It is how many times you lift the wieght
Set is the term given to how many reps in a single time.

I think you mean 3 sets of 10 reps etc

as in you lifted 10 then u had a rest then lifted 10 then rested then 10 again

Well wannabstrong said "I honestly eat like a horse, thats no joke either, i will eat anything and everything."

So adding 3 litres of milk to an already massive diet would be easy.
But, after seeing the diet, it appears the horse must be one of those minature type horses.
And way too much junky, sugary, fatty crap in that diet.
However, this can be expected for a 16 year old.
The only 16 year olds who have great physiques would have to have been blessed with great genetics.

Well wannabstrong said "I honestly eat like a horse, thats no joke either, i will eat anything and everything."

So adding 3 litres of milk to an already massive diet would be easy.
But, after seeing the diet, it appears the horse must be one of those minature type horses.
And way too much junky, sugary, fatty crap in that diet.
However, this can be expected for a 16 year old.
The only 16 year olds who have great physiques would have to have been blessed with great genetics.

To be able to handle 3 liters of milk you would need to be a very active person or have a freakish metabolism. The protien and other nutrients are fine but the fat content is fair huge.

Kindred, there are milks available with low (2%) and no fat.

Here is that miniture horse I was talking about:

image2.jpg

HAHAHAHAHA
then i think i know what the problem is then, im not eating enough of the right foods.
So You think i should eat tuna steak and chicken between meals? I could do that.
SO let me get this straight, i need to eat every 3 hours? That can be done.
Ok so starting from breakfast what should I be eating, ?
At what stage during the day should i exercise?
Which excerises should i be doing?

Michael

For breakfast, I think a good meal is 4-6 extra large eggs scrambled and a couple slices of wholegrain toast, or an omlette.
Oats are a good alternative source of carbohydrates too.
Maybe a large glass of low fat milk too.

Traing when you can, but best when you feel most energetic.
I usually feel best after I got a few meals into me.

Do the basic compound exercises if possible:

Bench Press
Dips
Military press
Squats
Deadlifts
Chin ups

Then you can be a big bad horse and not that little joke of a horse with the animal paedophile stalker shown above.
Look where that poor little horse's butt is, the old man probably got his fly undone, no wonder he's got a big smile on his face !!!

Sounds good to me.
Can i do training in the morning before i have breakfast, or should i eat first?
BTW HULK your a good motivator, you've motivated me to not stand behind old guys.
i'll get on to it now

michael

Sounds good to me.
Can i do training in the morning before i have breakfast, or should i eat first?
BTW HULK your a good motivator, you've motivated me to not stand behind old guys.
i'll get on to it now

michael

If you eat before you do anything in the morning your metabolism will be higher and stay higher thu the day.

Sounds good to me.
i'll get on to it now

michael

I have tried training before breakfast and don't like it as I feel weak (and feel hungry). However if I eat a large breakfast I then feel like i'm going to throw up in the middle of my training. I suggest eating something light before training then having a proper breakfast afterwards, but test it out and see what works for you.