• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

A Few Power Rack Questions

Great choice mate.

For $595, why would you bother stuffing around?

How much did you end up getting it for? PM if you want.

hey champ, if yu can find one a force usa power rack with brand pegs then I would go with that for sure, by far the best rack I have ever seen in Aus. It has band pegs, option of lat/low row, cable crossover, comes with dips, multi grip chin up.

i tried it out at elite and the thing that sold me was the multi-grip chin up and band pegs...and a great deal.

ill be posting some pics shortly of my rack setup at home.

If anybody needs a heavy duty rack, we will have some of these soon.
100mm x 75mm x 4.5mm thick posts, 2400mm tall, rack weighs 260kg, heavy duty.

A694-240.jpg

^ That looks insane, how much weight is it rated for?

Got the rack yesterday, it's alot bigger when it's sitting in the room.

Am very happy with it, solid as a rock. Thanks for the help Adrian.

Here's a dodgy phone pic of it:

Another great looking product Adrian, allows lifters to overhead press from inside the rack, I like that

A few of my lifters prefer squatting on the outside of the rack, but we have plenty of big strong spotters around all the time.

If training alone and pushing the boundaries, it gives great piece of mind. Its been a Godsend for my female clients.

remember, a power rack is not simply used for squats

I only like squatting in the rack for 20 reps. It stops me stumbling all over the gym.

Do most of you keep your racks inside or outside? I have floorboards and live at home so not likely to convince the folks that moving big hunks of metal around in my room is a good idea :(.

Mine is set up in the garage with nearly inch thick rubber mats. Nothing wrong with big hunks of metal inside mate, when I lived by myself I had my weights set up in the dining room and it was common to see motors, gearboxes and all sorts of stuff in various stages of repair in the lounge room.

Mine is set up in the garage with nearly inch thick rubber mats. Nothing wrong with big hunks of metal inside mate, when I lived by myself I had my weights set up in the dining room and it was common to see motors, gearboxes and all sorts of stuff in various stages of repair in the lounge room.

GOOD MAN! livin the dream... hahah if i had my way id have my engine for my project car sitting in the living room too :)

Do most of you keep your racks inside or outside? I have floorboards and live at home so not likely to convince the folks that moving big hunks of metal around in my room is a good idea :(.

Looks like the reply I posted earlier didn't post.

I have my rack inside, the only things you'll need to worry about are deadlifts and powercleans. I catch my powercleans, though I don't do these at home as I have a gym/coach nearby.

As for deadlifts, a bit of foam so that the plates don't scratch the wood is enough. But you have to lower it carefully which can suck.

If you can put it in the garage I'd say that would be better. Or if you can put a platform in the room that would also work.

As TGM said a platform would be good. I have no room inside at all where I live so I picked up a second hand rack for 120. I was not going to spend 700+ and have it outside to get ruined and weakened. When I have more space then I will invest in the new rack.