• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
If you feel the need to workout every day you have no life, I don't think that is anything to be proud of.

I disagree, this just means you have a different type of life.

this is a hobby a drive and a sport for some people just because someone thinks of something in a different way to you doesn't mean it's not something to be proud of necessarily.

I also don't understand why you think training 6 days a week with proper rest and nutrition is going to cause you to plateau or recover slower ?

Can someone explain ?

I disagree, this just means you have a different type of life.

this is a hobby a drive and a sport for some people just because someone thinks of something in a different way to you doesn't mean it's not something to be proud of necessarily.

I also don't understand why you think training 6 days a week with proper rest and nutrition is going to cause you to plateau or recover slower ?

Can someone explain ?

Instead of trying to argue, just do it, self evident truth is valuable.

I'm talking about full-body hard workouts here, but if you can do this and still function properly week in week out then good for you.

Having said that, even if you can recover, growth that is stimulated will be minor compared to the other options.

Most conflicts of opinions are due to ignorance of everyone having different goals.

The people thinking it's stupid to workout 2 seconds more than 40 minutes at a time and training more than 4x a week is insanity, are obviously not training to make any strength or body composition progress. Their goals are to lift for 30 years and then be dicks on forums so they can let everyone know how good their mobility is.

I would say the majority of people on here and people in the gym in general want to make sure they're better than their last session. Plateauing is to be going backwards.

I sit on my ass most of the day in an office job, so 6x 1hour sessions a week vs 4x 1 hour sessions is significant and the results show. I recover fine, get plenty of rest and eat properly. But of course it's pretty normal for some to paint everyone with the same brush and be a self appointed experts.

Most conflicts of opinions are due to ignorance of everyone having different goals.

The people thinking it's stupid to workout 2 seconds more than 40 minutes at a time and training more than 4x a week is insanity, are obviously not training to make any strength or body composition progress. Their goals are to lift for 30 years and then be dicks on forums so they can let everyone know how good their mobility is.

I would say the majority of people on here and people in the gym in general want to make sure they're better than their last session. Plateauing is to be going backwards.

I sit on my ass most of the day in an office job, so 6x 1hour sessions a week vs 4x 1 hour sessions is significant and the results show. I recover fine, get plenty of rest and eat properly. But of course it's pretty normal for some to paint everyone with the same brush and be a self appointed experts.

Have to agree with what SteveP said, the rest of my life is fairly sedentary at the moment besides my workouts so i have plenty of time to recover.

And yes [MENTION=3627]Silverback[/MENTION] i agree doing 6 full body workouts would destroy you over time.

It seems to me that people are arguing (or trying to make some kind of argument) over something we're actually agreeing on?
Apart from the first page, I don't see anyone recently saying to do 6 full body workouts per week. We're talking about training 6 days per week. Not specifically full body workouts. If you are doing splits, why can't you train 6 times per week? You're only hitting body parts twice per week, hardly excessive. Just because you might be doing full body workouts doesn't mean everyone else is.

bunch-cocks--large-msg-1096865769-2.jpg

It seems to me that people are arguing (or trying to make some kind of argument) over something we're actually agreeing on?
Apart from the first page, I don't see anyone recently saying to do 6 full body workouts per week. We're talking about training 6 days per week. Not specifically full body workouts. If you are doing splits, why can't you train 6 times per week? You're only hitting body parts twice per week, hardly excessive. Just because you might be doing full body workouts doesn't mean everyone else is.

Haha this definitely seems the case!

Were you unfortunately born a mute CT cos we haven't seen/heard what its got to say....still waiting. Real talk!

very funny, so you can't see my old avatar?
sticks and stones kunce. sticks and stones