• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

3-day routine (MAX-OT)

fqqs

Hi all,

Here is my new routine:

Monday - Back, Biceps & Forearms

Deadlifts - 3x4-6
Pull-Downs - 3x4-6
Seated Cable Rows - 2x4-6
Barbell Curls - 2x4-6
Dumbbell Curls - 2x4-6
Barbell Wrist Curls - 3x4-6

Wednesday - Chest, Shoulders & Triceps

Flat Bench Press - 3x4-6
Incline Bench Press - 2x4-6
Weighted Dips - 1x4-6
Military Press - 2x4-6
Side Lateral Raises - 2x4-6
Lying Triceps Extensions - 2x4-6
Tricep Cable Pushdowns - 2x4-6

Friday - Legs, Calves & Abs

Squats - 3x4-6
Leg Press - 2x4-6
Stiff Leg Deadlifts - 2x4-6
Standing Calf Raises (Off Smith Machine) - 2x6-8
Seated Calf Raises - 2x6-8
Cable Crunches - 2x8-10
Hanging Leg Raises - 2 Max

Note: Only work sets to failure are listed for all exercises.

Any suggestions?

Depends what your goals are and what your current lifts are. Only squats 1x per week is a bit light for me, but if you lift hard and progressively add weight any program can work.

ive run max-ot numerous times for 6 month stints. can be quite effective i found after 6 months or so it can put a real beating on joints and can lead to injury as maxing out every set can be streneous on joints especially if you technique is not perfect

Don't feed the troll boys

Hey 'may' be a troll but what makes you think he is? Max-OT is a legit bb program.... Joel used to swear by it.

Edit - Scratch that, thought it was Weavel who started the thread... FQQS how did the last 5 programs you posted up here go for you? Seeing as you asked people to critique your programs every other month l doubt you give them enough chance to work. There no magic pill just work hard and be "consistent" Fuck me.....

Last edited: