• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
yes, you don't want to much fat on body for this test, not to mention added weights.

After my go tomorrow, I am going to start sets and reps with weight to see if it makes much of a difference. 2015 for me is 15.

I did 25 under hand 45 deg grip last week. 3 year pb. Have only done more than that when I was about 70kg

today I did 13 reps, but some reps not good enough so will not count.

I thought I would try and get some momentum, but I cut few reps slightly short.

If I had stuck to old style, might of got 12.

next years comp will have rule that must be slight pause at bottom to count each rep.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gAMP5KJNJI

After a few weeks doing weighted pull-ups got 17 at bodyweight this morning although no video. Estimate bodyweight around 91 atm.

You guys find using a weight belt changes the dynamics of your pull up heaps? Like the centre of gravity feels off in the hollow man braced position. The only option is to sort of tilt forward to compensate which externally rotates the shoulders to an even greater degree which makes my elbows start to hurt after a couple of reps. I don't know, my technique might be way off the mark here lol.

Couldn't break the 15 barrier this morning :( gonna incorporate some weighted pulls into my routine from next week. Hopefully that will help