• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

13 year old girl Benches 240lb RAW

Why do you think CF has taken off and PL still lags behind?

I'm no fan of CF, I admire some of the more elite CF athletes, but I'd take PL any day of the week, but facts are facts and CF is booming.

Show women in underwear lifting weights generally does it.
Add in the fact u can do a workout in 30min then leave is pretty attractive.

A xfitt gym in Petersham has 80 members paying 200 month to do 50kg squats in a 80sqm box.

Most members are dinks or gay couples. So much disposable income.

I guess being 6 foot and 80kg is all the rage now and they capitalize on it.

Smart marketing.

I love going off on tangents.

It's good!

But do you think that the draw to cross-fit as with most sporting catergories is due to "natural selection"

In that; *really simply put* some do not have the ability to demonstrate strength and men with the potential to build great strength more often than not! Not have the type of physique to enter a body building contest.

1% of the worlds population are in the extreme cases at either end of the spectrum, most are in the middle?

Do you think there is close relationship between and carryover to; Olympic lifting, powerlifting and strongman.

Where does crossfit, fit?

Last edited:
Powerlifting is growing, but has a long way to go.

PA, the main federation and govt-recognised fed on behalf of sport, had around 460 individuals compete at least once in 2012. Wilks yet to answer ongoing requests for official PA numbers, but I am still working on it via other means.

All up around 1100 competitors in four powerlifting feds.

The ASC recently advised me that one of reasons why PA does not get ASC funding is small numbers in sport.

I laugh at comments at those criticising sport; what hope do you have if you alienate weight trainers for a start.

Last edited:
crossfitters are not all 6 feet and 80kg, quite a few lift over 150kg clean and jerk and are shorter and heavier.

I don't like the sport 100%, but quite a few are great athletes.

crossfitters are not all 6 feet and 80kg, quite a few lift over 150kg clean and jerk and are shorter and heavier.

Thats the way they market it. I call it like I see it. Plus the ones who joined my gym were that build when they started.

Ok have a look at crossfit. Shit house sport ( not even really a sport) hasn't been going for as long as powerlifting and now is on ESPN with million in prize money.

Crossfit is a spectator sport
Powerlifting isn't
That's just how it is

If you're talking about what you see in crossfit competitions thats because those who win crossfit comps actually train as bodybuilders and powerlifters, not just crossfit.

I've spoken to a few elite level crossfit games competitors
They train the same way as strongmen. Strength training 3 days a week + an events day

Forums are terrible cancerous places
They are good at the start, then the number of members reaches critical mass
Then it's all over

Lifting and biulding a body is quite simple stuff.
The penny drops for some and they run out of things to say, get tired of repeating the same old thing, the others just keep pissing on the same old electric fence, so to speak.

That's life.

yeah I used to love talking about the whole thing
most people just need to try harder and ignore the internet