• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

100m, 200m, 400m

There are a couple of muscles there that are deep to the tendon, tibialis posterior and a flexor of the foot. They could be causing the pain due to being unaccustomed at absorbing force and vibration (as well as the soleus and gastroc though you may only be feeling it where the tendon starts). Also your tendon may just be getting a little sore due to coming off of running which would go away soon if all else is right. The pic is right, the achilles is a long tendon but it is flatter or fatter (whatever you want to call it) up the top and then inserts onto the back of the ankle so it is not as flat then.

yeah, but the soleus is really the part the pic is pointing to where I feel the pain.

Anyway, it is a passing pain, purely adjusting to running after having time off (i hope).

yeah im going to time myself over 100M soon, havnt done it in years! done 40 yard (37 meter) sprints and was running them in around 4.2 - 4.4 but has stronger legs back then, hopefully i can get high 10's or low 11's in the 100m but my legs blow out in the last 10 or 20 meters because im only about 5'10.

yeah im going to time myself over 100M soon, havnt done it in years! done 40 yard (37 meter) sprints and was running them in around 4.2 - 4.4 but has stronger legs back then, hopefully i can get high 10's or low 11's in the 100m but my legs blow out in the last 10 or 20 meters because im only about 5'10.

It is not your height that is the problem, in fact you are a good height for a sprinter. It is your conditioning for the 100 that is the problem if you lose it in the last 100m. You need to be able to express your strength and power over a more protracted period.

Also how was your 40 timed? If you ran it in that time then you are damn fast as in as fast as the fastest players in the NFL and faster that Justin Gaitlin who runs a 4.4 something rather and a 9.85 100 time.

Last edited: