• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

0ni's diet log

Hey Oni have you talked to your GP or someone about long term effects for a diet like this ? how long can one go on keto before there are negative side effects to internal organs i havent read the book but looking into getting it.

main question is how lean can one get and keep it at that level ?

just had a chat with my gp today and i told him i eat alot of chicken wings with skin on and he said avoid it at all cost :p mayb 2-3 kg max a week but without the skin.

Hey Oni have you talked to your GP or someone about long term effects for a diet like this ? how long can one go on keto before there are negative side effects to internal organs i havent read the book but looking into getting it.

main question is how lean can one get and keep it at that level ?

just had a chat with my gp today and i told him i eat alot of chicken wings with skin on and he said avoid it at all cost :p mayb 2-3 kg max a week but without the skin.

Remind the doctor that there is no difference between dietary ketosis and type 1 diabetic ketoaciditosis and diabetics live their entire lives like this with no ill effects :)

I get 6 monthly check ups and all my shit is perfect

Eating a Keto diet - high in meat/fats would be closer to what Humans were eating hundreds of thousands of years ago and really what we should be eating anyway...there is nothing wrong with eating this way and getting your "energy" from fats more so than carbs is alot better for you...

What burns for longer in a fire paper or a log of wood? Carbs are like paper when it comes to energy - even complex carbs - compared to fats...

Eating a Keto diet - high in meat/fats would be closer to what Humans were eating hundreds of thousands of years ago and really what we should be eating anyway...there is nothing wrong with eating this way and getting your "energy" from fats more so than carbs is alot better for you...

What burns for longer in a fire paper or a log of wood? Carbs are like paper when it comes to energy - even complex carbs - compared to fats...

Not really true. According to the experts in the field in many cultures meat was pretty hard to come by and they ate a reasonably large amount of carbs.

As for getting energy from fat being better, why? I have never felt so lethargic and shit than I did in my long stint at low carb dieting.

Hey Oni have you talked to your GP or someone about long term effects for a diet like this ?

Seriously talking to most GP's about diet and exercise would be like getting advice about space flight from a botanist. Unless they have a special interest most would have no idea, and the one you spoke to is obviously slightly retarded as well.

What will the skin do??

The last GP I saw was when I was getting bloods done, he assumed that I was using steroids because I was build, he even asked me about which ones I used.

Then when my bloods came back perfect he was confused, and wanted to redo the tests, I politely declined by leaving and not returning.

Seriously talking to most GP's about diet and exercise would be like getting advice about space flight from a botanist. Unless they have a special interest most would have no idea, and the one you spoke to is obviously slightly retarded as well.

What will the skin do??

The last GP I saw was when I was getting bloods done, he assumed that I was using steroids because I was build, he even asked me about which ones I used.

Then when my bloods came back perfect he was confused, and wanted to redo the tests, I politely declined by leaving and not returning.

Well I suppose he could get his information from conspiracy theory websites. That would be a much better idea.

Well I suppose he could get his information from conspiracy theory websites. That would be a much better idea.

No idea, never looked at one, and have no interest to. But it appears you seem to be well aware and highly fascinated by them.

Personally I would be looking at a dietician or even better a sports nutritionist with body building/strength training experience and interest, or someone with similar qualifications.

But generally common sense also prevails, most people with a brain pretty much know what to eat, it's not really difficult to know what you should be eating, no one tells a cow or cat or dog etc what they should eat, they have a fair idea all on their own.

A GP generally has no idea about most things, and if you go there with anything more than a common cold or cut finger they will send you to see the person that knows what to do.

Who the fuck would wanna eat like a caveman, and were they really healthier? What was their life expectancy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I remember reading somewhere (or it might heave been a TV show) that the human body is designed to live around 120-140 years.

Then anything you do to it, illness, environmental influences, diet, lifestyle, environment etc etc deduct years of the maximum capability, and no one really ever reaches their max potential. Where I live there is an Aboriginal community close by (100Km), and a lot of people there only live to be around 40, their basic diet consists of hot chips, white bread, soft drink and cask wine.

The ones that work and eat a more balanced diet seem to have a much longer life expectancy.

Haha...my point was, cavemen missed out on cheeseburgers, ice cream and rum & cokes...what a shitty life!! Lol

Haha...my point was, cavemen missed out on cheeseburgers, ice cream and rum & cokes...what a shitty life!! Lol

So they did not really miss anything :p

Don't eat cheeseburgers (well may be once or twice a year), same with ice cream, and hate rum.

Now Pork ribs and bourbon and coke are another story all together, and probably part of the reason I will never get to 120:)

I was talking to him because of my high cholesterol level 5 months back I was 8.1 now I am 5.5 yes I still eat chicken wings kfc pizza and 3x zinger burgers once a week well I told him I had a large pizza with 8 wings then wasnt satisfied so I went got 4 burgers zinger ones from kfc and ate 3 then finished off with some ice cream cookies cream krusher! . All this on my rampage night and he said boy you can eat! Back off the "bad fats". Didnt I watch a doco on cholesterol was a myth thing on abc last week?

Exactly. Life expectancy of about 30 years or so. Yes the caveman had their nutrition spot on.

And yes life without cheeseburgers, pizzas, chips, Jim beam. Fuck that. The Paleo fanatics can have it.

I remember reading somewhere (or it might heave been a TV show) that the human body is designed to live around 120-140 years.

Designed??

No the human body wasn't designed.

It might have the potential given the perfect genetics and environment maybe.

Next time I get my bloods and lipids done I'll post them up so you can all have a good cry about how awesome I am.

For my opinion on the life expectancy of a caveman, I think my signature covers it succinctly. It transgresses the truth to such a degree it's not even wrong.

Not even wrong - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia