• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

0ni's diet log

I don't agree with this unless
A) noob
B) muscle memory
C) AAS

If not in the above category, how do you think that can happen when fat loss requires a calorie deficit and LBM gain requires a calorie surplus? (can't build something out of nothing)

Oni:
Interview with Alan Aragon Paleo Critic ? Paleo Movement

hope that helps :p

Yeah I see a lot of these "DEBUNKING PALEO" articles and they are all basically just telling retards not to be so fucking retarded.

Anyway, you can "lose fat" and gain muscle at the same time without chemical enhancement just fine. All you need to do is gain muscle faster than you gain fat and your body fat percentage is down. Now this isn't technically losing fat but when you're leanish to begin with you notice a big difference

Not completely true. Given adequate calories anything that increases metabolic rate will increase protein turnover rate (PTOR). So taking ECA or clen while increasing calories will get you both leaner and bigger at a faster rate than without.

ECA/Clen/T3 are also anti-catabolic which will shift the ratio in favour of anabolism. So they are for all intents and purposes anabolic. Ephedrine reduces cortisol over time.

So they are not anabolic then - it would be the same if I increased cardio and my metabolic rate was to raise...haha

So you would agree that cardio is in sense anabolic :rolleyes:

A person needs to eat enough to fuel muscle growth, the more muscle they have the more they need to eat and so on.
Now, most of us already have excess calorie reserves in the form of fat, so why eat even more excess calories to add to that reserve, why not build muscle while reducing that existing fat reserve?
If one is getting fatter despite them exercising then they are either eating more than their body needs or their workouts are not intense enough or both.

Unless you're a pro bodybuilder who has to be a certain level of condition for a competition on a particular date then this whole cutting/bulking myth makes no sense for us mere mortals.

What we should do is learn to control our bodyfat levels with good nutrition and resistance exercise.
There is no reason at all that we cant gain muscle and lose fat at the same time.

Sorry 0ni, we went a bit off track.

Agree...
Most of us need to biuld muscle slowly, the concept of bulking/cutting is just silly.
Powerlifting however is a different animal, extra adipose is not really an issue here.

From how far back in your ancestry are you going?
Spuds, bananas and Turkeys weren't introduced to England until mid 1600's.
Not long after JC's big day (70AD) the Romans introduced a variety of nuts and veg to the region too.
Are you going off the poor farmer or commoner diet or rich well to be diet?

So they are not anabolic then - it would be the same if I increased cardio and my metabolic rate was to raise...haha

So you would agree that cardio is in sense anabolic :rolleyes:

No, you're not listening.
Cardio will not significantly increase your metabolic rate. Not like 20-30% like drugs will. Increasing your metabolic rate to this extent is very anabolic if you eat plenty. With all these drugs, you'll experience higher levels of ATP even when cutting (you can perform more work in a shorter period of time)- this is anabolic

Ephedrine decreases cortisol- this is anabolic
T3 increases the bodies ability to synthesize protein- this is anabolic
T3 also up-regulates human growth hormone (anabolic)
DNP clears out androgen receptor sites making androgens more potent (anabolic by proxy)
Clenbuterol is protein sparing (more likely to use fat then muscle (anti-catabolic)
Clen damages muscle creatine kinase in the same way training does. This means it breaks down your muscle. The good news? Upregulation of growth factors- just like training does. Add AAS and that's some awesome anabolic action

This is all freely available information, so you can check my work easily. Why do you think bodybuilders stack drugs like T3 at the start of a bulking cycle? To cut? Nope, to get bigger faster. Adding T3 to AAS, GH and insulin turns your body into a metabolic party that makes a hedonist cruise ship seem like modern day Rwanda

From how far back in your ancestry are you going?
Spuds, bananas and Turkeys weren't introduced to England until mid 1600's.
Not long after JC's big day (70AD) the Romans introduced a variety of nuts and veg to the region too.
Are you going off the poor farmer or commoner diet or rich well to be diet?

Well luckily I don't eat potatoes, bananas or turkeys- haha
I don't know these diets that you're listing but I imagine the commoners diet would be grains and the rich people would have baked shit.

I'm going after a mostly a paleolithic diet. Fortunately for me I am gaelic so this means my ancestors are an easy mix of Briton (native brits like picts etc) and Anglo Saxon (Germanic peoples). This allows me to eat a great deal of foods from the Europe area too. Mostly my diet is carnivorous though as that's what we evolved on. They also ate a shitload of fibre (100-150g a day) which is pretty much insane. They ate about twice as much meat as I though so halving the dose that's 50g a day. I'm going for a spoonful of psyllium husk a day and my shits are fine so I'm leaving it at that

Why not just drop he pointless bullshit (which it is) about what your ancestors ate Etc etc and say you're sticking to a high protein diet full of meat n veg?

This ancestral crap sounds more retarded than paleotards...

Like all things on AusBB, it was a passing trivial comment that people chose to jump on because they are fucking autistic

So... Did the Gaelic ancestors have dat der cell tech ?

haha, I doubt it
Although there is a fair amount of cool shit out there like tribal peoples having more testosterone and levels remaining pretty high through old age. Unlike Westerners who basically turn into women as they get older.

Also, deadlifts today went great.
Did 215kg for 3, 1, 2, 2, 3 reps
That second set, I was shaking like I had Parkinson's and thought it was all over and considered just walking straight out the gym but I stuck at it and got 3 more good sets in and even ended the workout on my best set

No, you're not listening.
Cardio will not significantly increase your metabolic rate. Not like 20-30% like drugs will. Increasing your metabolic rate to this extent is very anabolic if you eat plenty. With all these drugs, you'll experience higher levels of ATP even when cutting (you can perform more work in a shorter period of time)- this is anabolic

Ephedrine decreases cortisol- this is anabolic
T3 increases the bodies ability to synthesize protein- this is anabolic
T3 also up-regulates human growth hormone (anabolic)
DNP clears out androgen receptor sites making androgens more potent (anabolic by proxy)
Clenbuterol is protein sparing (more likely to use fat then muscle (anti-catabolic)
Clen damages muscle creatine kinase in the same way training does. This means it breaks down your muscle. The good news? Upregulation of growth factors- just like training does. Add AAS and that's some awesome anabolic action

This is all freely available information, so you can check my work easily. Why do you think bodybuilders stack drugs like T3 at the start of a bulking cycle? To cut? Nope, to get bigger faster. Adding T3 to AAS, GH and insulin turns your body into a metabolic party that makes a hedonist cruise ship seem like modern day Rwanda

This is simply incorrect.