• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

[Article] Fadi on Bodybuilding

When you're doing them, your mind would start to play tricks on you telling you to stop this silliness and/or that you won't recover from the agony you're currently going through. Tell it to shut up; continue and have a laugh afterwards when you know you've conquered the biggest hurdle of them all; your own self!

Fadi.
Gold!

Fadi, you are the resident Yoda!!

"Try not. Do or do not, there is no try."
"Luke: I don't believe it. Yoda: That is why you fail."
"Named must your fear be before banish it you can."
"You will find only what you bring in."

Love your work. :D

When the student is ready the teacher arrives. Thank You teacher...

Cheers,
Mike

This has possibly (actually more than likely) been asked before. With those 100 reps, is it broken down into mulitiple sets or one big set? ie is it four '20 reps', two '50 reps', and so forth, at 15% of your 1RM ?

This has possibly (actually more than likely) been asked before. With those 100 reps, is it broken down into mulitiple sets or one big set? ie is it four '20 reps', two '50 reps', and so forth, at 15% of your 1RM ?

Hey Mate,

In the words of Fadi:
"that would equate to something like 20-40kg squats for 100 reps (preferably non-stop)"

I assume that's what you were asking. Thought I'd help out so you didn't need to wait for Fadi to reply at 2am! :)

I wish I knew that 2 1/2 years ago when I started... Everything was sets of ten! For at least eight months! That's allot of wasted time!
Excellent article Fadi, I really enjoy reading everything you have to say.

Thank you so much gentlemen for your truly inspirational words. And thank you Stralian for helping PB out; it's 6:07am :)!

Fadi.

i wish i knew and put to use the method of <i>progressive overload<i/> when i started four years ago. I'd be streaks ahead of where i am now

i wish i knew and put to use the method of <i>progressive overload<i/> when i started four years ago. I'd be streaks ahead of where i am now

You're still a young man with many out of this world years ahead of you Champion. So please look ahead and never back lest your neck begins to ache...

Fadi.

Thanks for that mate! Great, easy to read post!
Now i just have to get big enough to see which bodypart is lacking :)

This is brilliant, thanks heaps for your advice fadi. you are a source of knowledge. I had to sign up to the forum cause i wanted to tell you how good this information was :)

Thanks heaps mate.

This is brilliant, thanks heaps for your advice fadi. you are a source of knowledge. I had to sign up to the forum cause i wanted to tell you how good this information was :)

Thanks heaps mate.

That is just simply awesome Ashley; well thank you very much Sir. I'd never take your words for granted that's for certain.

Please do introduce yourself and let us have a chat...

Fadi.

That is just simply awesome Ashley; well thank you very much Sir. I'd never take your words for granted that's for certain.

Please do introduce yourself and let us have a chat...

Fadi.

Mate, I would love to chat. just not sure where i can tell you about myself in this forum. don't want to piss anyone off.

I am alot like you with the small chest and big arms thing, and i want a bigger chest. so i looked everywhere for good information, and you have provided me with it. also, I didn't know caffiene effected me so bad, but when i read another post of yours about it, i was like woah, not drinking that pre-workout drink any more.

I started my detox from then on, so this 2 months is going to be interesting to say the least :)

if you tell me where I can write up more about myself, i could tell you my workout regime, and the one i am going to as well for recovery. and also more about my abilities. Just to give you one peice of information, I am an above knee amputee, so I had to really watch alot of video and modify exercises so i could do them. like squats for example, i do 50 kg + Bar one legged squats. and i mostly follow the strong-lift program.

anyway, hope to chat with you more.

Ashley

Mate, I would love to chat. just not sure where i can tell you about myself in this forum. don't want to piss anyone off.

Ashley

I take it you meant you don't wish to upest anyone, is that right Ashley? Well don't worry mate, you won't be. I'm sure everyone would be interested to see how you manage with your amputee.
Just to give you one peice of information, I am an above knee amputee...

Try here: Member Training Diaries - Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding

65xqaf.jpg

Fadi.

Last edited:
It is allways good to see people still giving it a go even if they ave been delt a bad hand.

There is a guy at my gym in his 20s who is a T4 para plegic he has a few issues with getting weights of rack, and stability issues, ...he strapes himself to the benches to help, He puts in a better effort than other people in the gym, determination a huge part of this hobby.

It is allways good to see people still giving it a go even if they ave been delt a bad hand.

There is a guy at my gym in his 20s who is a T4 para plegic he has a few issues with getting weights of rack, and stability issues, ...he strapes himself to the benches to help, He puts in a better effort than other people in the gym, determination a huge part of this hobby.

Yeah, I don't see myself disabled at all, cause I'm very able. There are people in a worse way than I. That picture fadi posted is very inspirational indeed :) and you can see where he has lots of trouble building, I have noticed the same with me, the thing I'm really aiming for is getting a bigger chest, my arms and shoulders are a nice size, also want to be a strong as I possible :) I think anything is possible with the right nutrition and training :)
Posted via Mobile Device

so what your sayin is the muscles i think are lagging hit them with a low weight high rep set?? is that right after working that same muscle on a heavy weight??

so what your sayin is the muscles i think are lagging hit them with a low weight high rep set?? is that right after working that same muscle on a heavy weight??

Yes not for exercise but for blood flow.. More blood - more nutrients to the site for better protein synthesis..

Protien synthesis is not just in regards to exercise and eating protein it is the basis of how every cell in our body functions.