• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Importing pro-hormone m-drol

I agree with Shrek and others if its against the law then its against the law. I have no idea why people are making such a huge issue out of it.

Time to leave this forum i guess! As i have said customs allows these products to come through on a more than 50/50 basis. Until this stops there will always be those that will run the gauntlet. I have by no means told anyone to take PH's or have i advised anyone to take more than the allowed dosages, if you read back through my posts you will see i have advised to take weaker PH's and tried to advise not to take the PH's that will give more side affects than good. Maybe the Moderators can have a closed section and a set of rulews pertaining to pro-hormones. Anyway i wont be here anymore. Its goodbye from him and goodbye from me.
AZZA

Customs doesnt allow them to come in 50/50 it comes in because it gets past them, sometimes that happens.

Also good "...bye from him and good bye from me..." Do you hear the voices too?

The original point aside I would argue that although no one died last year,how many of those guys are going to have long term problems and even death whether directly or indirectly as a result of steroid use in older age?

Zarkov just view the you tube link and think again.

YouTube - Truth about Steroids

And just off the top of my head

Flex Wheeler

Dorian Yates

Franco Columbo

Kevin Levrone

And i am sure there is plenty of others there all doing fine and they all took huge amounts of steroids during their competing years :)

Why is making your own spirits (alcohol) illegal in Australia, when your the only person that is going to drink it? Why do people smoke weed? why do people speed?

People always do illegal things, I just agree that people shouldn't be shown how to do it just to be warned/informed on risks if they decide to do it.

Its not illegal to make spirits.

Smoking weed hurts other people by supporting organised crime and by causeing tax payers higher taxes which are necesary due to people getting health care as a result of the weed.

Speeding is illegal??? right... I dont want to touch that comment.

People do illegal things because they dont care about the people they hurt by doing so. People that say they are only hurting themselves by taking these drugs are fooling themselves health care is not free. etc etc etc

Last edited:
Crazy Kindred making sense again... Mmmm, I'm beginning to think that one of your personalities is a very sensible one!

On the death thing, hasn't there been a string of former WWF wrestlers snap, killing themselves and their families due to steroid abuse? If there wasn't some truth to how harmful it was, there wouldn't be such a big deal made about it.

Prohibition is a tricky area- make something illegal and you drive it underground, encouraging organised crime and black markets. Make something legal and it's abuse becomes accepted and part of our culture ie alcohol. But surely there have to be some controls in society.

Customs doesnt allow them to come in 50/50 it comes in because it gets past them, sometimes that happens.

Also good "...bye from him and good bye from me..." Do you hear the voices too?

Kindred that was the 2 ronnies mate. I am still here, i just needed time out, had the flu for 9 days and no training can make people make silly decisions. I love a good debate as long as its positive, we cant waste our time on negative posts. I dont break the law, the way i see it is it is a loophole as to why any of these banned compounds come in, just like anything else illegal. Shrek i understand where you are coming from. If some of the members choose to use these products we should aim to help them as most people will still use them anyway. If you do use them then do it responsibly and if they get seized and destroyed then dont loose sleep over it.
AZZA

Zarkov just view the you tube link and think again.

YouTube - Truth about Steroids

And just off the top of my head

Flex Wheeler

Dorian Yates

Franco Columbo

Kevin Levrone

And i am sure there is plenty of others there all doing fine and they all took huge amounts of steroids during their competing years :)

A good story but only one story.I`m not convinced.I can show you dozens of people who smoked like chimneys and lived to 100.There are always exceptions to any rule.Some people will come through it but many others won`t.
Steroids: Just the Facts

"An unexpected side effect is that steroid use can weaken the tendons, placing athletes at risk of serious injury.

Cardiovascular System: Enlargement of the heart, a precursor to heart failure; high blood pressure; atherosclerosis or hardening of the arteries, a precursor to coronary heart disease; elevated cholesterol levels; heart palpitations; heart attack; stroke; anaphylactic and septic shock.
Reproductive System: In males, excess testosterone is converted to the female hormone estrogen which causes the development of female characteristics. For instance, men experience prostate enlargement, sterility, sexual dysfunction, baldness, breast enlargement, and testicular atrophy. Excess testosterone in females has the opposite effect, causing menstrual irregularities, deepening of the voice, baldness, fetal damage, hair growth on other parts of the body, sexual dysfunction, sterility, reduction of breasts, and genital swelling.
Vital Organs: Prolonged heavy use of steroids can permanently damage the liver, causing cancer, jaundice, bleeding, and hepatitis. Steroids can impair the kidneys leading to kidney stones and kidney disease.
Can steroids cause death?
Yes. Steroid-related fatalities occur as a result of suicide, homicide, liver disease, heart attack, and cancer."

NIDA - Research Report Series - Anabolic Steroid Abuse

Anabolic steroid abuse and cardiac sudden death: A pathologic study | Archives of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine | Find Articles at BNET

Athletes Agains Steroids: Beware Of Using These Powerful Drugs.

I could post hundreds more links but I think I have made my point.

Ok then show me the bodies like the link said on CNN, other factors can play role a too, everyone always wants to bash people because steroids are bad

Have you ever used it ???

There are ways to avoid side effects my friend and adopting a head in the sand attitude is not the way to address the problem.

Fact is we have federations like NABBA, IFBB that do not do testing

Why ??

Does this not prompt people to use gear in order to win ?????

So why not talk about it.

Look i am not advoctaing drug use but alot of the links you have put up it's not realistic, because i have seen people use gear, and have trained with people who now alot about them and all thease side effects that you are trying to tell me only come when you abuse steroids.

Trouble also is alot of the gear nowa days is not the real deal so people maybe using something that really is not a steroid which is where most of the real trouble is coming from.

This is why i think Pro-Hormones are a very good solution legitamising it eliminates the black market, educating people on proper use can actually enhance people's physique and confidence, without the side effects that you are trying to point out.

Think of it this way

You can use a knife to cut bread with it or you can use it to stab your niehbour with it, it's how you use it. :)

Ok then show me the bodies

Do you know what a solenodon is?are you going to tell me it doesn`t exist just because you have never seen one?

Read the previous links I posted as well as these ones.There are documented steroid deaths and steroid related deaths.

USATODAY.com - Wrestling deaths and steroids

Steroid Related Deaths - Steroid Health Risks

Suicide linked to steroid use - indirect death

Dreams, steroids, death -- a ballplayer's downfall

Deaths raise new questions about steroids sold at Phx clinic - Phoenix Arizona news, breaking news, local news, weather radar, traffic from ABC15 News | ABC15.com

My Dad died at 57,cause of death massive heart attack.Real cause ,drinking and smoking like crazy but that was never on his death certificate and I am sure many cases aren`t recorded as steroids.

Look i am not advoctaing drug use but alot of the links you have put up it's not realistic, because i have seen people use gear, and have trained with people who now alot about them and all thease side effects that you are trying to tell me only come when you abuse steroids.

And as I said,there have been many people who smoked liked chimneys and drank like fish and lived to 100 but I would never defend that lifestyle.I knew a respectable guy who used heroin for years and no one ever knew.He was only found out when he was caught shooting up at work and sacked.It never affected his life in any way but he was a unique case.

You can use a knife to cut bread with it or you can use it to stab your niehbour with it, it's how you use it. :)

Sorry but that is just a weak argument,a knife is not intrinsically damaging to your health.

Last edited:
A quote from the same Flex Wheeler you mentioned;

Wheeler said his kidney disease is hereditary. But he also believes his prolonged steroid use probably accelerated its onset. He also thinks the mind-altering effects of steroids -- mood swings with fits of aggression -- were far greater than any physical toll.

Zarkov you obviously have never used steroids, so you are using some doctors reports that you think are true in order to justify your arguments which is absolute Bullshit.

Are you aware that doctors and Lawyers are the biggest lyers on the planet ??

How can you compare Smoking and Herion use to steroids, honestly is that is that best you can do !!

I would rather take steriods than smoke or do heroin anyday.:D

Ok I will try and put in simple terms so even you can understand

Steroids are prescribed to aids patients, now many HIV patients have very weak immune systems and is why they are given steroids in order to prolong thier quality of life.

Now if steriods and it's a very big if they did what you are telling they do in your previous posts, then why are thease aids patients not dying ??? dont forget thier immune systems are very weak so if steroids were to be soo dangerous

WE ARE THEY NOT DYING ?????

Ask Magic Johnson if it were not for steroids he would of been dead a long time ago, or actully he should be dead by now according to you.:D

This is Fact no disputes about thease statistics in Victoria alone

Herion Use 200 deaths

Smoking Over 4000 deaths {and it's still legal}

Steroids 0

I rest my case

Last edited:
Steroids 0

I rest my case

You are right I have never used steroids but that doesn`t mean my arguments aren`t justified.I believe Shrek has never tasted alcohol but that doesn`t mean his opinion on the stuff isn`t worth anything.

Doctors are liars I agree but that doesn`t mean they are the only ones who are capable of lying.And what of the doctors who say steroids are safe?Are they liars to?
What will it say on Wheelers death certificate if he dies and early death from kidney disease?Kidney failure or kidney failure accelerated by steroid use?The former and this is an indirect result of steroid use.Indirect but a contributing factor.
You still choose to deny that steroids can kill.I provided the proof as you asked but still you say no on has died:confused:
I never compared smoking and heroin to steroids,you chose to do that.I was using it as an analogy and if you want to use that line of argument I could have used the same argument on your knife comment.And you are taking the AIDS patient angle to support your argument. AIDS patients are sick and are using prescribed medication administered by qualified professionals to fight a disease and body builders are healthy individuals.No comparison is possible there.
Magic Johnson........ please understand that I am not saying all steroid users die,some do while others don`t just the same as I was trying to point out using smoking as an example (not a comparison).

Last edited:
Me and Shrek never agree on anything he has views and i have mine this is an open forum and i am free to express my mind freely as matter of fact i am also speaking from experiences aswell.

So what i say is not heresay

As for Flex Wheeler he took alot of gear you have to in order to compete at the Olympia, and his heridatory desease was made worse by steroids you are right on that one, but are you aware that thease guys actually stock up on the stuff i mean alot of gear.

That's when it becomes abuse.

Forget about using the knife analogy how about USE, and ABUSE there is a difference.

USE, and ABUSE there is a difference.

We can agree on that point for sure.
But as to whether steroids can be used safely,well,we will have to agree to disagree on that one.
My points are not hearsay either as I have met many people experienced in the field who have partly influenced my opinions.
Looks like the debate has drawn to a close so it`s been fun.

Last edited:
Are you guys forgeting that a current top 5 pro is not just on steroids? Insulin, GH, Roids both oral and injectable, synthol site injections, dueretics and IGFh-1 (hope thats right)

And remember steroids turn a asshole into a bigger asshole.

Greg Valentino has said if after many years of training you dont posess the necesary muscle or muscle shape etc while a natty then steroids will not help you add shape, size or symetry that was not there to start off with.

AZZA

I believe that.
On a different note,many top body building pros advertise so many natural supplements saying how good they are and we can all be like them if we use X product and given they are on steroids,don`t you lose all faith in them after that?
My opinion aside, if you are on roids just be honest and don`d bullshit us.