• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How many people do you think take steriods(in Australia)?

It was kind of a fad here about 10 years ago with heaps of people doing it, and lots were talking about how easy it was to get. I think the police stomped one a supplier or two. I also heard that it was apparently getting popular at a local gym again, by a police officer, apparently they called up some riot guys from Brisbane when they went and busted them, they were all juiced up, and they had guns etc They were also supplying other drugs to the clubbing fraternity..

It is definetly here, but at the gym I goto not so much, (probably more oldies have a prescription for it to cure their osteoporosis) there MIGHT be 2 people i have seen that are suspicious of abuse.

when you read into it it amazes me that people can go gret plastic surgery and botox but testosterone is evil..

you know what is evil and kills, lack of testostrerone...

Testosterone administered unsupervised can also be unsafe.

describe unsafe? many times i adminisistered a bottle of op rum ot myself in my youth...

however 1 of those 2 has health benefits the other has 0 benefit..

it gets you thinking.

Incorrectly injected, overdosing leading to testicular shutdown with no PCT. liver toxicity (mainly other steroids), gynocamastia (bitch tits), acne..etc etc

dodgy dealer selling you something thats not actually roids... lol sorry but i think this one could have some funny side effects.... imagine accidentally injecting some type of strong muscle relaxant and you poop yourself... lolll

Screw steroids, seriously! Anyone seen the youtube vid of the man whose biceps exploded? Srs shizzle

Screw steroids, seriously! Anyone seen the youtube vid of the man whose biceps exploded? Srs shizzle
LOL, that's just an extreme abuse. His problem was using unsterile pins which caused the infection so he tried to self treat the infection, ended up in hospital where they had to slice a chunk of his bicep off.

Whats gets me is people who are on roids that call others weak.

A guy I knew started taking roids, his bench went from 65kg to 95kg. He said it gave him a huge increase in strength.

A guy I knew started taking roids, his bench went from 65kg to 95kg. He said it gave him a huge increase in strength.

LOL real big!!How many of us have gotten there and beyond without them??!!
What a tool.

LOL real big!!How many of us have gotten there and beyond without them??!!
What a tool.

Maybe not big to you. But if you did plateau at a set weight on bench press and then took roids and your lifts went up by nearly 70%, don't you think that would be amazing?

No.Just take a look around at all the 70 kg guys doing over 100.

P.S. 65 to 95 is less than 50%.

Last edited:
Maybe not big to you. But if you did plateau at a set weight on bench press and then took roids and your lifts went up by nearly 70%, don't you think that would be amazing?

yeah and they have successfully decreased their genetic potential for life if they are under say 25.. huge surge in t has downregulated the number of t receptors they have... so you will have to be on cycles for the rest of your life if you want to keep lifting as well as you would of been able to naturally.

so a 1 off cycle may have short term benefits but people fail to look at the long term affects of hindering their natural t.

and shrek i do not believe these things should be self medicated the alcohol was just an excuse. but under medical supervision and the correct circumsatnces say 30yo low end test but not under then there are tremendously positive health benefits to testosteorne supplementation.

however there is a clear distinction in my mind between a 30-40yo with 15 years experience trying some supplementaiton because there levels have dropped from age as oposed to some 20yo bloke doing curls in a squat rack

that gives me the shits too.

Tate & Wendler Interview said:
Jim Wendler: But that's your make-up, man. That's the way it has to be. When it's time for a competition there's no room for moderation. It's all blast. The ironic thing is that compared to Dave, I'm moderation. Compared to the rest of the world, I'm ****ing insane.

After being at Westside for so long, you'd see someone who's 5'10" and weighs 250 pounds and you're like, God, that guy's tiny.

Dave Tate: Shit, back at Westside, a guy would come in and we'd ask him how much he benched. If he said 450, we'd have to ask if he was hurt. To us, if you weren't benching at least 500 pounds you sucked.

Ten years ago, I wrote an article on how to bench 600 pounds for TMUSCLE. Now I look back and I'm like, ****, it should have been how to bench 315. It's just how I thought at the time. Now I think it's hilarious. I wonder how many people who read that actually tried to bench 600 pounds!

Jim Wendler: That's just the way Dave is. My friend told me a story about attending one of Dave's first seminars. He was grilling him about the bench press, asking him all sorts of complicated questions. Finally, my friend put Dave on the spot and said, "Seriously, if you were me, what would you do?"

Dave just looked him in the eye and said, "I'd probably just ****ing quit."
My friend told me about that at the airport and I had to sit down to catch my breath.

What sort of a f**king muppet even considers AAS if they are benching 65kg!!!

What a lazy, stupid, uneducated oxygen bandit.

I'll start off by saying Arnold Schwarznegger had heart surgery due to a faulty aortic heart valve, which needed to be fixed. Its genetic and had nothing to do with steroids.

I in no way condone the use of steroids or drugs of any kind in bodybuilding or any other sport, but personally I don't like seeing ignorance when so much information is freely available for people to make their own informed opinions. Instead of being gullible to the media's perspective on any issue, take the time to do your research and make your own informed decisions. Be critical of any information you receive from any source before forming an opinion(including journal articles).

Steroids use is in all honesty prevalent in the western world, I'm not going to quote statistics because in all likelihood they would be wrong anyway. But while there may be side effects such as acne, gynocamastia etc this is the same for almost all drugs. Every drug has side effects of some kind, some more serious than others. The importance being, steroid use and specifically anabolic steroids have never been strongly linked with illness of any kind. The American CDC has only ever linked 3 deaths with steroid abuse, while 475,000 die each year from tobacco. Even emergency room visits dont rank, 142nd reason for emergency room visits (thats after multivitamins). It's all about embellishing. There are some serious effects from anabolic steroids but the problem is, they've never been proven.

There are always going to be side effects, to everything we have. The problem I have, is with personal choice. Banning a drug that causes no harm in personal use is a slight problem. Take for instance, Lyle Alzado, a former NFL player who claimed steroid abuse was the reason for his Brain tumour which resulted in his death. No evidence was actually ever linked to his brain tumour, rather steroids was accused by a dieing man who was scared and abused steroids throughout his adult life. Please show me scientific studies of links between steroid use/abuse and diseases.

In all honesty I dont believe that I will use anabolic steroids (specificity), this isn't due to health side effects because anything used within proper limits can be beneficial. But I compete in sport and this gives me an unfair advantage over the other competitors and I would like to compete naturally in bodybuilding. While I would probably work twice as hard while using anabolic steroids or HGH, I want to realise my own natural genetic potential.

I'll finish my rant on a final note, ignorance of steroid use is a choice by some who choose not to form their own opinions and listen to what everyone else is telling them.

Gareer

The problem with steroids is that seldom do users look to sound training, adequate sleep/rest and an excellent diet as their first resort. They start using, get results in spite of their contrary to good sense training habits and away they go.

That said, it was the users that had all their ducks in a row and used minimal amounts for a minimal amount of time that benefited the most.
Posted via Mobile Device